Mrs. Connell's Speech Class test #2
Ch. 1,3,4,5,6,7, & 9
1. _______________________ communication means communicating with oneself.
2. The type of communication most often characterized by an unequal distribution of speaking time is _______________________.
3. A sender ____________________ ideas and feelings into some sort of message.
4. A __________________________ is the method by which a message is conveyed between people.
5. _________________________ is the discernible response of a receiver to a sender's message.
1. _____________________________ is like a mental mirror that reflects how we view ourselves.
2. _____________________________ are personal stories that we and others create to make sense of our personal world.
3. ____________________ is the ability to re-create another person's perspective, to experience the world from the other's point of view.
4. __________________________ is the compassion one may feel for another person's predicament.
1. ________________________ rules govern how words sound when pronounced.
________________________ words have more than one correct dictionary definition.
3. Fast or slow, small or large, smart or stupid, and short or long are examples of ______________________ words.
4. ________________ ______________ contains words that sound as if they are describing something when they are really announcing the speaker's attitude toward something.
_____________________ is the process in which sound waves strike the eardrum and cause vibrations that are transmitted to the brain.
2. ________________________ occurs when the brain interprets sound and gives meaning to the sound.
3. _______________________ listeners respond only to the parts of a speaker's remarks that interest them, rejecting everything else.
4. ___________________ listeners listen carefully, but only because they are collecting information to attack what you have to say.
1. ____________________ are deliberate nonverbal behaviors that have precise meaning known to everyone within a cultural group.
2. The study of body movement, gesture and posture is called_________________________.
3. ________________ ____________ is/are the combination of two or more expressions showing different emotions.
____________________ is the process of deliberately revealing information about oneself that is significant and that would not be normally known by others.
_________________ is the degree to which people like or appreciate one another.
Recent research shows that women often build friendships through shared positive feelings, whereas men often build friendships through _______________ __________________.
_________________ outline how the group should operate.
_____________________ focus on how the job itself should be handled.
Upgrade to remove ads