5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Functional Scoliosis is....
- Ergonomics is ....
- Correct sitting position is...
- Correct lifting position is...
- Postural assessment allows us to ....
- a acquired over time; due to improper posture.
- b Process of changing your environment to encourage good body mechanics.
- c Visually analyze the client's body to discern these areas of adaptation. Once achieved, we can begin to assess the client's tissues back into proper state and function.
- d 1) sit-up with back straight and shoulders back (butt should touch back of chair).
2) All 3 back curves should be present.
3) Body weight even on both hips.
4) bend knees; do not cross legs.
5) keep feet flat.
6) elbows and arms rest on chair or desk.
7) don't sit for long time
- e 1) Not heavier than 30 lbs.
2) firm footing.
3) do not bend forward at the waist; keep knees straight.
4) stand with wide stance close to the object.
5) always move feet forward when lifting.
6) avoid lifting heavy objects above waist level.
7) hold packages close to body/take small steps.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach; can cause back and neck strain. Side or on back is best.
- Based on the concept that your have a connection with the client and that your helping the client to release unwanted tension and feelings of stress.
- 1) work w/o taking in clients negativity/stress.
2)close eyes; deep breaths.
3) focus on bottom of feets; as much meets floor.
4) focus on energy from earth entering thru feet
- 1) develop good daily postural habits.
2) strengthen core muscles.
3) stretch "anterior" muscles. (rounded shoulders people need to stretch their front shoulder and chest muscles to help regain normal posture).
4) strengthen "posterior" muscles. Because these muscles are essentially stretched constantly; they become inefficient and fail to help you stand straight.
5) Encourage proper firing patterns.( what muscle is contracting first).
- Learning proper posture, lifting, carrying techniques.
Being aware of your body position at all times.
Alter your habits, positions or environment to provide safe and efficient work.
Practice good body mechanics at all times!
5 True/False questions
Proper posture... → Body alignment that minimizes pressure or stresss on the spine and bones of the body.
T or F. Pillow should be under your head, but not your shoulders. → 1) work w/o taking on clients negative energy/tension.
2) serve as a vessel; letting negative energy to be releasedand positive energy to enter.
2) draw energy from a greater power or source.
Sciolosis → Sideways curvature of thoracic spine.
Define posture... → Body alignment that minimizes pressure or stresss on the spine and bones of the body.
Always focus on.... → 1) awareness thru your hands and all senses.
2) movement and motion from your center.
3) energies passing thru you to client.
4) breath deeply from abdomen.
5) balance of body and mind.
6) BEING PRESENT IN THE MOMENT..INTENT!
7) THE CLIENT'S NEEDS.