5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- To practice 'physical centering' do...
- Good body mechanics include....
- What is the best position for sleeping and lying down?
- Name 5 typical common solutions to posture:
- Proper posture requires.....
- a Avoid sleeping on your stomach; can cause back and neck strain. Side or on back is best.
- b 1) focus on the inner stillness within you.
2) close your eyes and deep breathes.
3) unclotter your mind, noise, feelings
4) focus on your task; use your intuition.
- c Learning proper posture, lifting, carrying techniques.
Being aware of your body position at all times.
Alter your habits, positions or environment to provide safe and efficient work.
Practice good body mechanics at all times!
- d 1) develop good daily postural habits.
2) strengthen core muscles.
3) stretch "anterior" muscles. (rounded shoulders people need to stretch their front shoulder and chest muscles to help regain normal posture).
4) strengthen "posterior" muscles. Because these muscles are essentially stretched constantly; they become inefficient and fail to help you stand straight.
5) Encourage proper firing patterns.( what muscle is contracting first).
- e Good mucle flexibility.
Normal joint motion.
Muscle balance on both sides of the spine.
Strong postural muscle.
Awareness of your own muscles.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1) awareness thru your hands and all senses.
2) movement and motion from your center.
3) energies passing thru you to client.
4) breath deeply from abdomen.
5) balance of body and mind.
6) BEING PRESENT IN THE MOMENT..INTENT!
7) THE CLIENT'S NEEDS.
- Based on the concept that your have a connection with the client and that your helping the client to release unwanted tension and feelings of stress.
- Approx. 2 inches below the navel. All work should start from this area.
- Body alignment that minimizes pressure or stresss on the spine and bones of the body.
5 True/False questions
A "grounded" therapist is able to.... → Be present with the client; attuned into the client's body; to reject negative stress; rely on inuitive skills.
To practice "grounding techniques".. → 1) work w/o taking in clients negativity/stress.
2)close eyes; deep breaths.
3) focus on bottom of feets; as much meets floor.
4) focus on energy from earth entering thru feet
Ergonomics is .... → Sideways curvature of thoracic spine.
T or F. All three normal back curves should be preent while sitting? → True
Postural assessment allows us to .... → Mutual exchange of energy for effective tx.