6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- A text has ______________ when its ideas are arranged and connected in an order that makes sense to the reader.
- . A ____________ page lists only the sources you cited information from. Both of these have a particular format which is stipulated by the MLA.
- To examine and judge carefully ; act of ascertaining or fixing the value or worth of
- The listeners at a speech or performance, or the intended readership for a piece of writing.
- Putting all the different sources of information together in a process that gives you a better understanding of the whole subject and allows you to draw your own conclusions. Compare and contrast different sources.
- A method and format of recording source information as stipulated by the Modern Language Association. This method includes using parenthetical citations and cross-referencing them with a works-cited page. (You'll need the MLA Handbook for college!)
6 True/False questions
Generalization → To examine and judge carefully ; act of ascertaining or fixing the value or worth of
Secondary Source → An original first-hand account that has not been interpreted or edited by another author.
Elaboration → The breadth and depth of your argument. It consists of explanations, descriptions, examples, etc. which expand your argument by supporting your reasons (which support your claim).
Appeals → The listeners at a speech or performance, or the intended readership for a piece of writing.
Bibliography → A _______________ is a page at the end of your research paper which lists all sources you considered while researching whether or not you cited them.
Parenthetical Citation → A general statement or concept obtained by inference from specific cases.