6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Between 1 and 2kg, or 1/40th of total body weight.
- Pancreatic duct joins common bile duct. Entry to duodenum regulated by sphincter of Oddi.
- Right upper extent is just under the nipple in 4th intercostal space, across from xiphisternal joint. Left extent is one or two intercostal spaces lower under left nipple.
- Central vein.
- Through the porta hepatis.
5 True/False questions
At the right limit of the porta, the right and left leaves of the lesser omentum become continuous to form what structure? → The free margin of the lesser omentum, aka the hepatoduodenal ligament.
The hepatic and cystic ducts come together to form which structure? → 1. Diaphragmatic surface: anterior facing has a peritoneum, but posterior does not (it's bare).
2. Visceral surface: flat and covered with peritoneum.
What is a Kupffer cell? → Specialized macrophages located in the liver. They line the walls of the sinusoids that form the reticuloendothelial system.
What structure separates the liver from the heat in the developing embryo? → Septum transversum.
What structure joins with the hepatic duct just below the porta hepatis? → The cystic duct from the gallbladder.