5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Estate for Years
- Fee Simple (Fee Simple Absolute)
- Types of Modern Day Estates in Real Property
- a Estate of real property the duration of which is for a definite period.
- b The addition of possession periods by different adverse possessors.
- c Estate of real property with infinite duration and no restrictions on use. Highest and best kind of estate an owner can have.
- d Fee Simple (Fee Simple Absolute), Fee Simple Determinable, Fee Simple on Condition Subsequent, Life Estate, Estate for Years, Estate at Will.
- e Ability to acquire ownership to real property because of one's kinship to a deceased property owner who dies without a will.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Ownership in real property that is limited to expire automatically on the happening or nonhappening of an event that is stated in the deed of conveyance or the will creating the estate.
- Air conditioning units, dishwashers, shelving, counters.
- Property that represents a set of rights that have no existence but that do represent control or ownership of something of value.
- Item of personal property that becomes real property because of its attachment to the land of a building.
- A certificate of stock, bonds, patents, copyrights and intellectual property rights, such as software
5 True/False questions
Appropriation → In regard to water law, doctrine stating that water belongs to the person who first makes beneficial use of it.
Tangible Personal Property → Property that has a physical substance- something you can hold, see or hear.
Method of Acquiring Ownership to Real Property → Inheritance, Devise, Gift, Sale and Adverse Possession
Life Estate → Estate of real property the duration of which is measured by the life or lives of one or more persons.
Will → Legal document by which a person disposes of his property. A will takes effect on the death of the maker of the will.