5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- thermal energy
- law of conservation of energy
- a the transfer of thermal energy by the circulation or movement of a liquid or gas
- b lowest point of the wave
- c the law that states that energy cannot be created or destroyed but can be changed from one form to another
- d the total kinetic energy of all the particles in a substance.
- e Force that acts against motion between two touching surfaces.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the straight line between where an object begins its motion and the place where it comes to rest
- a push or pull acting on an object
- total distance/ total time
- the overall force that is the result of forces acting on an object; ____ N direction
- distance from the normal resting position to the highest crest or the lowest trough; energy in the wave
5 True/False questions
heat transfer → the process where heat moves from one body or substance to another by radiation, conduction, convection
Newton's Second Law of Motion → Force is directly related to acceleration, Force is inversely related to mass, and F=ma
Work → The force exerted on an object that causes the object to move.
conduction → the transfer of thermal energy from one substance to another through direct contact
radiation → the change in direction of a propagating wave (light or sound) when passing from one medium to another