5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- tragic heroine of the play; defies her parent's wishes and chooses to die next to Romeo.
- Concerned about his son's melancholy behavior; reconciles with Capulet at the end of the play
- Expects Juliet to obey her father and marry Paris; she seeks revenge for Tybalt's death
- The news of her son's banishment breaks her heart and she dies of grief.
- she provides much comic relief in the tragedy; advises Juliet to marry Paris even though she knows Juliet is married to Romeo.
4 True/False questions
the apothecary → poverty-stricken pharmicist who illegally sells poison to Romeo
Tybalt → tragic heroine of the play; defies her parent's wishes and chooses to die next to Romeo.
Benvolio → friend of Romeo; quick-tempered; killed by Tybalt
Escalus, Prince of Verona → Tries to end the fighting between the two families by threatening death to those who break the peace; banishes Romeo to Mantua.