5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Franciscan brother who marries Romeo & Juliet hoping to restore peace between the two families.
- Expects Juliet to obey her father and marry Paris; she seeks revenge for Tybalt's death
- she provides much comic relief in the tragedy; advises Juliet to marry Paris even though she knows Juliet is married to Romeo.
- At first he is reluctant to marry his daughter so young to Paris but later angrily demands it.
- The news of her son's banishment breaks her heart and she dies of grief.
4 True/False questions
Paris → hopes to marry Juliet; killed by Romeo at the tomb
Tybalt → Juliet's cousin; killed by Romeo
Mercutio → friend of Romeo; quick-tempered; killed by Tybalt
Juliet → tragic heroine of the play; defies her parent's wishes and chooses to die next to Romeo.