Advertisement Upgrade to remove ads

words associated with UK politics

committee (noun)

a group of people chosen to make decisions about something

parliament (noun)

the group of people elected to make the country's laws

minister (noun)

a politician who is in charge of a government department

constituency (noun)

an area of a country that elects an MP to parliament

debate (noun/verb)

a discussion between two sides

taxes (noun)

money that you pay to the government

department (noun)

a part of government responsible for a particular area, for example Health

scrutinise (verb)

to examine something very carefully

monarch (noun)

a king or queen of a country

government (noun)

the group of people who run the country

Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.

Having trouble? Click here for help.

We can’t access your microphone!

Click the icon above to update your browser permissions above and try again


Reload the page to try again!


Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom

Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom

It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.

Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.

For more help, see our troubleshooting page.

Your microphone is muted

For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.

Star this term

You can study starred terms together

NEW! Voice Recording