5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- plasma membrane
- light microscope
- endoplasmic reticulum
- cell fractionation
- a structures that carry the genetic information
- b consists of a network of membranous tubules and called cisternae. Site for protein synthesis.
- c - the boundary of every cell. Functions as the selective barrier that allows sufficient passage of oxygen, nutrients, and wastes to service the entire cell
- d takes cells apart and separates the major organelles and other sub cellular structures from one another.
- e visible light is passed through the specimen and then through glass lenses
5 Multiple choice questions
- eat by engulfing smaller organisms or other food particles
- carries out a variety of tasks in the cell such as synthesis of proteins and their transport into membranes and organelles or out of the cell.
- pump excess water out of the cell, thereby maintaining a suitable concentration of ions and molecules inside the cell
- the DNA is concentrated in the nucleoid
- membrane-bounded vesicles formed by phagocytosis
5 True/False questions
golgi apparatus → surface has ribosomes
scanning electron microscope → used to study the internal ultra structure of cells.
nuclear envelope → encloses the nucleus, separating its contents from the cytoplasm.
transport vesicles → vesicles in transit from one part of the cell to another
cystol → the interior of a prokaryote cell