5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- electron microscope
- transport vesicles
- golgi apparatus
- a a semi fluid, jellylike substance
- b focuses a beam of electrons through the specimen or onto its surface.
- c vesicles in transit from one part of the cell to another
- d proteins are modified stored and sent out
- e the interior of a prokaryote cell
5 Multiple choice questions
- a complex of proteins and DNA
- develops by the coalescence of smaller vacuoles themselves derived from the GA and ER.
- proteins that have carbohydrates covalently bonded to them
- region that is not membrane enclosed
- pump excess water out of the cell, thereby maintaining a suitable concentration of ions and molecules inside the cell
5 True/False questions
prokaryotic cell → the DNA is concentrated in the nucleoid
transmission electron microscope → an electron beam scans the surface of the sample. The beam excites electrons on the surface and these secondary electrons are detected. The result is the image
light microscope → focuses a beam of electrons through the specimen or onto its surface.
eukaryotic cell → of the DNA is in an organelle called the nucleus which is bounded by a double membrane
scanning electron microscope → used to study the internal ultra structure of cells.