Upgrade to remove ads
Health and Skill Related Components of Fitness + Examples
Terms in this set (10)
1. Health related component of fitness.
2. Aerobic Endurance is the ability of you heart and lungs to work for a long period time without getting tired. By maintaining the flow of the oxygen, people are able to run for a long period of time.
3. The fitness test that represents this component is the Beep test.
4. Soccer - Soccer is a sport the contains lots of running. Soccer players use Aerobic endurance to run long distances without getting tired and out of breath.
Marathon running - Marathon runners need to have the ability to run very long distances. They need to develop their endurance and run for a longer amount of time more than quicker.
1. Flexibility is a health related component of fitness.
2. Flexibility is the ability of your joints to move freely and also to be capable of being bent but not breaking. Most importantly we need flexibility in our everyday lives, to bend down, get out of bed and much more.
3. The fitness test that represents this component is the Sit and Reach test.
4. Gymnastics -Gymnasts need to work on improving flexibility in their arms, legs and back. Flexibility is needed in gymnastics because some skills cannot be performed without flexibility.
Figure Skating - Flexibility is an import component of figure skating. Without flexibility skaters with not be able to achieve tricks, turns and twirls. Skaters need flexibility to achieve their best in figure skating.
1. Muscular Strength is a health related component if fitness
2. Muscular strength is the force of how much your muscles can bring. There are many different ways you can improve muscular strength but one main way is by lifting weights.
3. The fitness test that represents this component is the Hand Grip Test.
4. Basketball - Basketball players focus on their muscular strength for two reason and they are, reducing injuries: Basketball players work making their muscles as strong as they can so when their out of the court they have a less chance of being injured. Improving performance: Muscle strengthening improves performance. They must be fast, power and have excellent coordination.
Football - Football players require muscular strength to out run their opponent during situations. Football players use Muscular strength getting their body right for competitive football.
1. Muscular power is a skill related component of fitness.
2. Muscular power is the ability to achieve as much force as possible, as quickly as possible. Examples of muscular power are throwing a punch, jumping over a hurdle or swinging a bat.
3. The fitness test that represents this component is the Vertical Jump.
4. Boxing - Boxers need power and strength in there arms to throw a punch at their component. Power is a necessary skill needed in boxing.
Weight lifters - Power is needed in weightlifters because they need to use their arms and legs to lift heavy weights. They need power in their arms and legs. The only way to gain power is to keep practising.
1. Muscular Endurance is a health related component of fitness.
2. The ability to move your body or an object of some sort repeatedly without getting tired. It is also the ability of your muscles to do continuos work and not get tired.
3. The fitness test that represents this component is Sit ups.
4. Cycling - Cyclists require long term energy and strength of their legs to ride for a long period of time. Aa they go up hills their muscular endurance increases because they are using more power to go up a hill.
Rowing - Rowers maintain the same strength over a long period of time because of practise. Rowers use their legs, bottom and upper body muscles to maintain their muscular endurance.
1. Speed is a skill related component of fitness.
2. A time or rate at which someone moves in. Speed movement requires good strength and power, but being overweight can slow a person down.
3. The fitness test that represents this component is the 20m sprint.
4. Netball - Speed is important in netball because you need to be quick with your opponent and also quick on your feet. It is hard to participate well in netball is you don't have enough speed.
Cricket - Speed is required in cricket to throw the ball at a fast speed and to also quickly change direction.
1. Agility is a skill related component of fitness.
2. Agility is the ability to be quick and to make sudden movements. Agility helps your performance in activities that require quick and sudden movements.
3. The fitness test that represents this component is the Illinois Agility Test
4. Football - Agility is accentual to a football player. Regardless of your position, all football players need to be able to step up and to change direction quickly.
Tennis - Agility is very important to tennis players. They need to quickly respond to different sorts of shots and to move quickly when the ball changes direction.
1. Balance is a skill related component of fitness.
2. Balance is the ability to stay in control in a particular position whilst performing a task. There are two types of balance: Dynamic balance, is balance performed while moving and Static balance, which is performed while standing.
3. The fitness test that represent this component is stork stand.
4. Gymnastics - Gymnasts are required to participate activities on a thin beam. This requires them to have the skill of balance
Surfing - Surfers need the skill of balance to balance on their serf board when turning and going over waves.
1. Coordination is a skill related component of fitness.
2. The ability to use different parts of the body together. Everything we participate in requires the ability of our arms and legs to achieve a successful results from running to even walking
3. A fitness test that represents this component is Alternate hand wall ball toss.
4. Lacrosse - In Lacrosse players need eye-ball coordination to catch and also to throw the ball.
Badminton - Badminton players need coordination for when hitting the ball, they need to make sure they swing in the racket in the right spot causing them not to miss the ball.
1. Reaction time is a skill related component of fitness.
2. A reaction time is a measure of how quickly our bodies react or respond to causes.
3. A fitness test that represent this component is and online reaction test. http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime
4. Fencing - Requires reaction time enabling the players to block any swings the opponent throw at them.
Martial arts - When the opponent tries to strike the player, the player need high reaction time skills to avoid, counter or block.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Freshman Gym- Chapter 1 Fitness for Life
Chapter 9 Skill Fitness and Fitness Programming
Components of health and skill related fitness
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
190 English Exam
10 Religion Exam Sacred Texts
10 Religion Exam - Ethics