Terms in this set (25)
1. A state or condition markedly different from the norm.
2. A disorder in one's mental state.
3. An optical phenomenon resulting from the failure of a lens or mirror to produce a good image.
Do away with.
1. Unequivocally detestable.
2. Exceptionally bad or displeasing.
1. Terminate before completion, as of a computer process, a mission, etc.
2. Terminate a pregnancy by undergoing an abortion.
1. Be abundant or plentiful; exist in large quantities.
2. Be in a state of movement or action.
Reduce in scope while retaining essential elements.
1. Grant remission of a sin to.
2. Let off the hook.
1. Refrain from voting.
2. Choose to refrain.
1. Inconsistent with reason or logic or common sense.
2. Completely devoid of wisdom or good sense.
1. Cruel or inhumane treatment.
2. Treat badly.
3. A rude expression intended to offend or hurt.
4. Change the inherent purpose or functioning of something.
5. Improper or excessive use.
6. Use foul or abusive language towards.
1. Very great; limitless.
2. So deep as to be unmeasurable; unfathomable.
1. Move faster.
2. Cause to move faster.
1. To stress, single out as important.
2. Put stress on; utter with an accent.
1. The right to enter.
2. Obtain or retrieve from a storage device; as of information on a computer.
3. The right to obtain or make use of or take advantage of something (as services or membership).
4. Reach or gain access to.
5. A way of entering or leaving.
6. (computer science) the operation of reading or writing stored information.
7. The act of approaching or entering.
A tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction.
1. Harmony of people's opinions or actions or characters.
2. Go together.
3. Concurrence of opinion.
4. Allow to have.
5. A written agreement between two states or sovereigns.
6. Sympathetic compatibility.
Speak to someone.
1. Declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of.
2. Report the receipt of.
3. Express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with.
4. Expres obligation, thanks, or gratitude for.
5. Accept as legally binding and valid.
6. Accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority.
1. The highest level or degree attainable.
2. The highest point (of something).
To agree or express agreement.
1. Pronounce not guilty of criminal charges.
2. Behave in a certain manner.
Marked by strong resentment or cynicism.
1. Sharpness of vision; the visual ability to resolve fine detail.
2. A quick and penetrating intelligence.
1. A tapering point.
2. Shrewdness shown by keen insight.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Test Preparation TOEIC, SAT, TOEFL
English Vocab II 4/18/16
english 10 vocab