Create an account
1. Choice of words in speech or writing 2. A person's manner of uttering or pronouncing words
1. Control and authority, especially to interpret and exercise the law 2. The specific area of someone's or something's control or authority
1. Applause; enthusiastic approval 2. An oral vote, especially an enthusiastic vote of approval
1. The central square or marketplace of a Roman city 2. A public meeting or any situation for open discussion
A language used by people who do not speak a common tongue; usually combines aspects of different languages
1. A person who speaks several language; a polyglot 2. A person who studies linguistics, the structure of human speech
1. Of or like a wise or witting folksaying 2. Well-known; notorious; frequently spoken of
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together