Easy to speak to; approachable; polite, friendly
1. Beyond description; indescribable 2. Not to be uttered; taboo
Domineering; autocratic, like a dictator
1. Choice of words in speech or writing 2. A person's manner of uttering or pronouncing words
An authoritative expression of opinion
A decree or proclamation issued by an authority
1. To issue a formal charge of a crime 2. To accuse
To write; to compose
A prohibition; the act of forbidding
1. Control and authority, especially to interpret and exercise the law 2. The specific area of someone's or something's control or authority
A bidding farewell; a leave-taking; a farewell speech
An explanation of a difficult expression in a text
A person who knows several languages well
1. Applause; enthusiastic approval 2. An oral vote, especially an enthusiastic vote of approval
A loud outcry, especially in protest
To speak loudly or passionately
Referring to legal proceedings or formal debate or rhetoric
1. The central square or marketplace of a Roman city 2. A public meeting or any situation for open discussion
Unfamiliar language; a dialect or special jargon
A language used by people who do not speak a common tongue; usually combines aspects of different languages
1. A person who speaks several language; a polyglot 2. A person who studies linguistics, the structure of human speech
1. The use of many words when few would do 2. Evasive talk; roundabout expression
A meeting for discussion, especially in an academic setting
A word or expression; phraseology
1. Of or like a wise or witting folksaying 2. Well-known; notorious; frequently spoken of
Word for word; in exactly the same words
Wordy; using excessive words
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.