5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The New Frontier
- U-2 Crisis
- Montgomery Bus Boycott
- Roe V. Wade
- a The 1973 Supreme Court decision holding that a state ban on all abortions was unconstitutional. The decision forbade state control over abortions during the first trimester of pregnancy, permitted states to limit abortions to protect the mother's health in the second trimester, and permitted states to protect the fetus during the third trimester.
- b Made by JFK with hopes to increase aid to education, provide health insurance to the elderly, created department of Urban Affairs and helped migrate workers, Characterized by minimum wage hikes, modest increases in Social Security, and expanded military spending. Policy of JFK.
- c In 1955, after Rosa Parks was arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a city bus, Dr. Martin L. King led a boycott of city buses. After 11 months the Supreme Court ruled that segregation of public transportation was illegal.
- d 1955 two larger labor unions united. American Federation Labor- Congress of Industrial Organization.
- e USSR shot down US spy plane w/ evidence of its spy activities. Khrushchev cancelled E-W summit and repealed Ike's invitation to the USSR. Soviets thought Khrushchev was playing too nice, so he was looking for an excuse to be tougher.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Japanese and Japanese Americans from the West Coast of the United States during WWII. While approximately 10,000 were able to relocate to other parts of the country of their own choosing, the remainder-roughly 110,000 me, women and children-were sent to hastily constructed camps called "War Relocation Centers" in remote portions of the nation's interior.
- health care for the aged -65
- United states dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan. Mass bombing of cities and civilians, one of the terrible new practices of WWII had ended in the final nightmare- unprecedented human destruction in a single blinding flash. Japanese announced their surrender. (987)
- A polio-virus vaccine consisting of inactivated polio virus that is injected subcutaneously to provide immunity to poliomyelitis
- The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution was a joint resolution of the U.S. Congress passed on August 7, 1964 in direct response to a minor naval engagement known as the Gulf of Tonkin Incident. It is of historical significance because it gave U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson authorization, without a formal declaration of war by Congress, for the use of military force in Southeast Asia.
5 True/False questions
Office of Price Administration → President Richard Nixon's strategy for ending U.S involvement in the Vietnam war, involving a gradual withdrawl of American troops and replacement of them with South Vietnamese forces
Equal Rights Amendment → Supported by the National Organization for Women, this amendment would prevent all gender-based discrimination practices. However, it never passed the ratification process.
Brown V. The Board of Education → He fought during World War I, he joined Eisenhower and Douglas MacArthur in dealing with the Bonus Army in Washington.Then on October 1940 was promoted as general and given command of the 2nd Armed Division based at Fort Benning., General in the U. S. Army who helped lead the allies to victory in the battle of the bulge
Television → Machine for seeing things that are far away
Environmentalism → South Vietnamese president that was catholic and strongly opposed communism. His poor leadership and corrupt government spelled doom