5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Korean War
- Brown V. The Board of Education
- Voting Rights Act of 1965
- Henry Kissinger
- Baby Boom
- a An increase in population by almost 30 million people. This spurred a growth in suburbs and three to four children families.
- b 1954, Decision said "separate educational facilities are inherently unequal", Brown II- said decision should be carried out "with all deliberate speed" which South translated into never
- c The main negotiator of the peace treaty with the North Vietnamese; secretary of state during Nixon's presidency (1970s).
- d The conflict between Communist North Korea and Non-Communist South Korea. The United Nations (led by the United States) helped South Korea.
- e 1965; invalidated the use of any test or device to deny the vote and authorized federal examiners to register voters in states that had disenfranchised blacks; as more blacks became politically active and elected black representatives, it procured jobs, contracts, and facilities and services for the black community, encouraging greater social equality and decreasing the wealth and education gap
5 Multiple choice questions
- Made by JFK with hopes to increase aid to education, provide health insurance to the elderly, created department of Urban Affairs and helped migrate workers, Characterized by minimum wage hikes, modest increases in Social Security, and expanded military spending. Policy of JFK.
- A white officer beat a black motorist in LA which caused 6 days of violence and thirty four people to die. Home were burned and the national guard had to be brought in.
- LBJ's vice president and McCarthy's opposition in 1968 primary after LBJ stepped down. won nomination; not presidency.
- Founded in 1966, the National Organization for Women (NOW) called for equal employment opportunity and equal pay for women. NOW also championed the legalization of abortion and passage of an equal rights amendment to the Constitution.
- Constitutional amendment passed by Congress but never ratified that would have banned discrimination on the basis of gender
5 True/False questions
Dresden Fire Bombing → British Air Force Bombed the city of Dresden as a way of completely destroying the moral of the Germans
Japanese Internment → Was a two-time Oscar-nominated American film actor. Dean's status as a cultural icon is best embodied in the title of his most celebrated film, Rebel Without a Cause
Civil Disobedience → Machine for seeing things that are far away
1963 March on Washington → Was a large political rally that took place in Washington, D.C. on August 28, 1963. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his historic "I Have a Dream" speech advocating racial harmony at the Lincoln Memorial during the march.
Battle of the Bulge → December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.