5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- positive reinforcement
- preconventional, (Kohlberg has proposed three levels of personal moral development—preconventional, conventional, and postconventional. At level 1, the preconventional level, managers would be autocratic or coercive, and expect employees to be obedient for obedience's sake.)
- Initiating Structure
- liaison, (In a liaison role, you must act like a politician, working with other people outside your work unit and organization to develop alliances that will help you achieve your organization's goals.)
- Hygiene Factors
- a In a ______ role, you must act like a politician, working with other people outside your work unit and organization to develop alliances that will help you achieve your organization's goals.
- b This use of positive consequences to encourage desirable behavior is called
- c Tanya is a new manager, and she is always threatening her employees with a variety of punishments in order to get them to follow the rules. The level of personal moral development at which Tanya is operating is the ______ level according to Kohlberg.
- d According to the Ohio State studies, leaders with this behavior that organize and define what group members should be doing
- e According to Herzberg, these factors do not motivate if present, but, if absent, result in dissatisfaction
5 Multiple choice questions
- This control technique provides four indicators with which organizations can set goals and measure performance.
- The three needs according to McClelland's Acquired Needs Theory
- This President wrote, "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."
- A company allows a foreign firm to pay it a fee to make or distribute the first company's product or service. This is called
- Managers tend to give more weight to more recent behavior. This is due to the
5 True/False questions
values, (Values are the relatively permanent and deeply held underlying beliefs and attitudes that help determine a person's behavior, such as the belief that "Fairness means hiring according to ability, not family background.") → Standards of right and wrong that influence behavior are known as
Economic forces consist of the general economic conditions and trends—unemployment, inflation, interest rates, economic growth—that may affect an organization's performance. → Planning is defined as
jointly set objectives., (Management by objectives (MBO) is a four-step process, the first of which is for managers and employees to jointly set objectives for the employee.) → Which of the following would BEST describe MBO?
I want to lose 20 pounds by June 1, 2011., (A SMART goal is specific, measurable, attainable, results-oriented, and has target dates. Only choice C has all of these characteristics.) → Planning is defined as
W. Edwards Deming → The PDCA cycle was made popular by this quality pioneer.