5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- differentiation. (The differentiation strategy is to offer products or services that are of unique and superior value compared to those of competitors but to target a wide market.)
- 1st line managers, (Following the plans of middle and top managers, first-line managers make short-term operating decisions, directing the daily tasks of nonmanagerial personnel, who are, of course, all those people who work directly at their jobs but don't oversee the work of others.)
- Ferrari, (The focused-differentiation strategy is to offer products or services that are of unique and superior value compared to those of competitors and to target a narrow market)
- balance sheet
- a A nation's __________ is the shared set of beliefs, values, knowledge, and patterns of behavior common to its people.
- b Which of the following carmakers pursues a focused-differentiation strategy?
- c An organization that is offering unique, superior products or services to a wide market is pursuing a strategy of
- d Managers who make short-term operating decisions and direct the daily tasks of the nonmanagerial employees are called
- e This financial statement shows a firm's assets, liabilities and owner's equity
5 Multiple choice questions
- Environmental factors that the organization may exploit for a competitive advantage are known as
- When administrators of a college are determining whether to hire more full-time instructors or possibly more part-time ones, they are engaged in
- The process of assigning meaningful authority and responsibility to managers and employees lower in the hierarchy.
- Power deriving from one's personal attraction is called
- Eli Lilly has agreed to let a South African company manufacture several of Eli Lilly's diabetes drugs and pay Eli Lilly a fee to distribute the drugs with a different brand name in South Africa. Eli Lilly is engaging in
5 True/False questions
groupthink, (Groupthink occurs when group members strive to agree for the sake of unanimity and thus avoid accurately assessing the decision situation. Here the positive team spirit of the group actually works against sound judgment.) → Carla talked with Maddie after their task force meeting, and they discovered that neither of them had been in favor of dropping some items from next year's budget, yet neither spoke up. Both wanted to be supportive of the group instead. This is an example of
Sociocultural, (The U.S. obesity rate is one of those sociocultural forces capable of altering entire industries.) → Timex Watch makes inexpensive but reliable watches sold throughout the U.S. and is an example of an organization pursuing a _________ strategy.
Diversity, (Diversity represents all the ways people are unlike and alike—the differences and similarities in age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, capabilities, and socioeconomic background.) → ______ represents all the ways people are unlike and alike.
Planning helps you cope with uncertainty (There are four benefits to planning: (1) planning helps you check on your progress. (2) Planning helps you coordinate activities. (3) Planning helps you think ahead. (4) Planning helps you cope with uncertainty.) → Which of the following is a benefit of planning?
defensive, (A defensive strategy or a retrenchment strategy, is a grand strategy that involves reduction in the organization's efforts. In a variation of this strategy, it can sell off (liquidate) assets—land, buildings, inventories, and the like.) → An organization that is offering unique, superior products or services to a wide market is pursuing a strategy of