5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- licensing (In licensing, a company allows a foreign company to pay it a fee to make or distribute the first company's product or service)
- Directing daily tasks of nonmanagerial personnel, (According to Figure 5.3, operational planning is done by first-line management and directs the daily tasks of nonmanagerial personnel. Decisions are often predictable, following routine procedures )
- Initiating Structure
- jointly set objectives., (Management by objectives (MBO) is a four-step process, the first of which is for managers and employees to jointly set objectives for the employee.)
- a Which of the following is associated with operational planning?
- b According to the Ohio State studies, leaders with this behavior that organize and define what group members should be doing
- c The first step in the MBO process is to
- d A company allows a foreign firm to pay it a fee to make or distribute the first company's product or service. This is called
- e According to Expectancy Theory, motivation is a function of expectancy, instrumentality, and
5 Multiple choice questions
- When a company uses a supplier outside itself to provide goods and services, it is
- Which of the following is a question that should be answered by a company's mission statement?
A. Does it inspire enthusiasm and encourage commitment?
- Managers who are future oriented, dealing with uncertain, highly competitive conditions, and who stay alert to long-run opportunities and problems are most likely to be
- When administrators of a college are determining whether to hire more full-time instructors or possibly more part-time ones, they are engaged in
- Issues like privacy, health and safety, and due process being described as basic rights is typically tied to which of the following approaches to deciding ethical dilemmas?
5 True/False questions
balance sheet → This financial statement shows a firm's assets, liabilities and owner's equity
differentiation. (The differentiation strategy is to offer products or services that are of unique and superior value compared to those of competitors but to target a wide market.) → An organization that is offering unique, superior products or services to a wide market is pursuing a strategy of
mission statement, (A mission statement expresses the purpose of the organization.) → There are three levels of planning. Their order, from first to last, is
heuristics. (Scholars call rules of thumb heuristics—strategies that simplify the process of making decisions.) → Landon has a simple rule that he follows when it comes to new hiring; if four or more of his staff are working 20% or more overtime, he hires another employee. Landon is using
strategic, tactical, and operational. → There are three levels of planning. Their order, from first to last, is