5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The BCG matrix, (In general, the BCG matrix suggests that an organization will do better in fast-growing markets in which it has a high market share rather in slow-growing markets in which it has a low market share. These concepts are illustrated in Figure 6.4)
- Sociocultural, (The U.S. obesity rate is one of those sociocultural forces capable of altering entire industries.)
- job specification
- market culture
- income statement
- a Kia Motors takes a very aggressive stance to fire executives who don't meet sales goals. This is an example of which type of culture?
- b The American epidemic of obesity among U.S. youth is an example of which external force?
- c This document describes the minimum qualifications a person must have to perform a job successfully
- d Which of the following strategy tools suggests that an organization will do better in fast-growing markets in which it has a high market share rather than in slow-growing markets in which it has a low market share?
- e This financial statement shows revenues and expenses over time
5 Multiple choice questions
- The first step in the MBO process is to
- Environmental factors that the organization may exploit for a competitive advantage are known as
- According to Hersey and Blanchard's Situational Leadership Theory, a worker who is unable, unwilling and lacks confidence is at this level of readiness
- Porter's competitive strategies include
- Power deriving from one's personal attraction is called
5 True/False questions
the balanced scorecard → This financial statement shows a firm's assets, liabilities and owner's equity
cost leadership, (The cost-leadership strategy is to keep the costs, and hence prices, of a product or service below those of competitors and to target a wide market.) → Which of the following carmakers pursues a focused-differentiation strategy?
geocentric, (Geocentric managers accept that there are differences and similarities between home and foreign personnel and practices and that they should use whatever techniques are most effective.) → __________ managers accept that there are differences and similarities between home and foreign personnel and practices and that they should use whatever techniques are most effective.
delegation → The process of assigning meaningful authority and responsibility to managers and employees lower in the hierarchy.
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 → This act established the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission