5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- functional groups
- fatty acid
- a large molecules
- b determines a molecule's function. is hydrphilic. includes the hodroxl, carboxyl, carbonyl, amino, phosphate groups.
- c Type of lipid, A long, straight hydrocarbon chain with a carboxyl group attached at one end
- d single sugar molecule
- e has a low pH, donates H(+) ions
5 Multiple choice questions
- "water hating"
- A storage polysaccharide in plants consisting entirely of glucose. for energy
- "water loving"
- idea that all living things are composed of cells, cells are the basic units of structure and function in living things, and new cells are produced from existing cells
- covalent bond formed between amino acids
5 True/False questions
radioisotope → an unstable isotope of an element, which undergoes radioactive decay
cellulose → polysaccharide consisting of glucose monomers that reinforces plant-cell walls. Tougher than other polysaccharides. for structure
ionic bond → covalent bond formed between amino acids
eukaryotic → A cell characterized by the presence of a nucleus and other membrane-bound organelles. either unicellular (protists) or multicellular (fungi, plants and animals).
dehydration synthesis → breaks down molecules by adding water to them