5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a An electrically charged atom that has gained or lost electrons
- b describes a cell that does not have a nucleus or anyother membrane-covered organelles; also called bacteria.
- c polysaccharide consisting of glucose monomers that reinforces plant-cell walls. Tougher than other polysaccharides. for structure
- d breaks down molecules by adding water to them
- e single sugar molecule
5 Multiple choice questions
- positively charged particle of an atom
- basic building blocks of protein molecules
- "water loving"
- A substance that cannot be broken down into simpler substances
- A research method whereby a problem is identified, a hypothesis stated, and hypothesis is tested
5 True/False questions
phospholipid → a lipid made of phosphate group (hydrophilic head) and two fatty acids (hydrophobic tails). forms cell membrane.
polymers → building blocks of polymers
polypeptide → long chains of monomers
functional groups → determines a molecule's function. is hydrphilic. includes the hodroxl, carboxyl, carbonyl, amino, phosphate groups.
starch → A storage polysaccharide in plants consisting entirely of glucose. for energy