5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a atoms of the same element that have different numbers of neutrons in the nucleus
- b macromolecules used for energy storage, cell membranes, and waterproofing
- c "water hating"
- d steroid molecule present in the plasma membranes of animal cells
- e negatively charged particle of an atom
5 Multiple choice questions
- A polymer (chain) of many amino acids linked together by peptide bonds.
- covalent bond formed between amino acids
- sugar molecules (monosaccharides AND polysaccharides)
- property of a molecule with oppositely charged ends. because of it, water is able to dissolve many different substances
- A research method whereby a problem is identified, a hypothesis stated, and hypothesis is tested
5 True/False questions
monosaccharide → A double sugar, consisting of two monosaccharides joined by dehydration synthesis.
disaccharide → A double sugar, consisting of two monosaccharides joined by dehydration synthesis.
element → long chains of monomers
dehydration synthesis → A chemical reaction in which two molecules covalently bond to each other with the removal of a water molecule.
monomers → building blocks of polymers