5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- functional groups
- ionic bond
- a an unstable isotope of an element, which undergoes radioactive decay
- b bond formed by the TRANSFERING of electrons from one atom to another
- c breaks down molecules by adding water to them
- d determines a molecule's function. is hydrphilic. includes the hodroxl, carboxyl, carbonyl, amino, phosphate groups.
- e negatively charged particle of an atom
5 Multiple choice questions
- Type of lipid, A long, straight hydrocarbon chain with a carboxyl group attached at one end
- A research method whereby a problem is identified, a hypothesis stated, and hypothesis is tested
- "water hating"
- bond formed by the SHARING of electrons between atoms
- neutral particle of an atom
5 True/False questions
base → has a high pH, accepts H(+) ions
ion → smallest particle of an element
isotope → positively charged particle of an atom
monosaccharide → A double sugar, consisting of two monosaccharides joined by dehydration synthesis.
polarity → long chains of monomers