5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a describes a cell that does not have a nucleus or anyother membrane-covered organelles; also called bacteria.
- b negatively charged particle of an atom
- c a lipid made of phosphate group (hydrophilic head) and two fatty acids (hydrophobic tails). forms cell membrane.
- d polysaccharide consisting of glucose monomers that reinforces plant-cell walls. Tougher than other polysaccharides. for structure
- e An electrically charged atom that has gained or lost electrons
5 Multiple choice questions
- determines a molecule's function. is hydrphilic. includes the hodroxl, carboxyl, carbonyl, amino, phosphate groups.
- atoms of the same element that have different numbers of neutrons in the nucleus
- A polymer (chain) of many amino acids linked together by peptide bonds.
- A molecule that has electrically charged areas.
- A double sugar, consisting of two monosaccharides joined by dehydration synthesis.
5 True/False questions
carbohydrate → sugar molecules (monosaccharides AND polysaccharides)
element → A substance that cannot be broken down into simpler substances
polymers → long chains of monomers
scientific method → bond formed by the TRANSFERING of electrons from one atom to another
monosaccharide → single sugar molecule