5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- scientific method
- peptide bond
- functional groups
- a polysaccharide in animal cells that consists of many glucose monomers. for energy
- b single sugar molecule
- c A research method whereby a problem is identified, a hypothesis stated, and hypothesis is tested
- d determines a molecule's function. is hydrphilic. includes the hodroxl, carboxyl, carbonyl, amino, phosphate groups.
- e covalent bond formed between amino acids
5 Multiple choice questions
- A double sugar, consisting of two monosaccharides joined by dehydration synthesis.
- protein substances that speed up chemical reactions.
- smallest particle of an element
- building blocks of polymers
- has a low pH, donates H(+) ions
5 True/False questions
polarity → long chains of monomers
cell theory → polysaccharide consisting of glucose monomers that reinforces plant-cell walls. Tougher than other polysaccharides. for structure
polypeptide → A polymer (chain) of many amino acids linked together by peptide bonds.
prokaryotic → describes a cell that does not have a nucleus or anyother membrane-covered organelles; also called bacteria.
protien → positively charged particle of an atom