5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- functional groups
- a neutral particle of an atom
- b A double sugar, consisting of two monosaccharides joined by dehydration synthesis.
- c two or more atoms held together by covalent bonds
- d determines a molecule's function. is hydrphilic. includes the hodroxl, carboxyl, carbonyl, amino, phosphate groups.
- e A cell characterized by the presence of a nucleus and other membrane-bound organelles. either unicellular (protists) or multicellular (fungi, plants and animals).
5 Multiple choice questions
- describes a cell that does not have a nucleus or anyother membrane-covered organelles; also called bacteria.
- sugar molecules (monosaccharides AND polysaccharides)
- carbon-based molecule
- atoms of the same element that have different numbers of neutrons in the nucleus
- weak bond formed by the attraction of positively charged hydrogen atoms to negatively charged atoms
5 True/False questions
monomers → building blocks of polymers
polymers → long chains of monomers
monosaccharide → single sugar molecule
hydrophobic → "water loving"
cellulose → idea that all living things are composed of cells, cells are the basic units of structure and function in living things, and new cells are produced from existing cells