5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- dehydration synthesis
- a macromolecules used for energy storage, cell membranes, and waterproofing
- b polysaccharide in animal cells that consists of many glucose monomers. for energy
- c polysaccharide consisting of glucose monomers that reinforces plant-cell walls. Tougher than other polysaccharides. for structure
- d A substance that cannot be broken down into simpler substances
- e A chemical reaction in which two molecules covalently bond to each other with the removal of a water molecule.
5 Multiple choice questions
- describes a cell that does not have a nucleus or anyother membrane-covered organelles; also called bacteria.
- building blocks of polymers
- steroid molecule present in the plasma membranes of animal cells
- "water hating"
- covalent bond formed between amino acids
5 True/False questions
isotope → positively charged particle of an atom
ion → smallest particle of an element
atom → has a low pH, donates H(+) ions
phospholipid → macromolecules used for energy storage, cell membranes, and waterproofing
macromolecule → large molecules