5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Isotype switch
- Fas ligand
- a Fragment with Antigen Binding specificity, Photolytic fragment of IgG that contain the antigen binding sites.
- b Expressed on TH1 cells, when bound to Fas receptor cell induces apoptosis of macrophage to release contents.
- c Antigens that cause hypersensitive or allergic reactions, usually involving IgE antibody responses
- d A given variable region can be expressed with any of the different constant regions through a mechanism known as isotype switching. Is dependent on circulating cytokines.
- e Substances used in experimental immunology and in vaccines to enhance the adaptive immune response to an antigen. An adjuvant must be injected along with the antigen to have an effect. Most protein antigens are non-immunogenic without an adjuvant.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Lymphoid progenitor cells are the source of all Lymphocytes, they differentiate into T-cell, B-cells NK cells
Myeloid progenitor cells are the source of all other WBC, they become neutrophil, basophil, eosinophil, dendritic, macrophage, mast cells.
- Transporter Associated with antigen Processing. Degraded peptide fragments are transported into the ER through the dimerized TAP1 and TAP2.
- Cell surface glycoprotein on T-cells that recognizes MHC1 on APC's
- Lymphocyte Function Associated Antigen-1. An integrin expressed by all t-cells it is important for to allow for binding to cell adhesion molecules expresses on extracellular matrix.
- Thymus independent antigens. TI can elicit antibody production in the absence of t cells. TI-1 activates non-specific b cells. TI-2 have multiple identical epitopes that cross link b cell receptors.
5 True/False questions
M cells → NK cells are a subset of leucocytes capable of recognizing cell surface changes on virally-infected cells. NK cells bind to such infected cells and kill them. Also sometimes effective against transformed (tumor) cells.
B7 → Are co-stimulatory molecules induced by the breakdown of bacteria by macrophages or other APC's. Are expressed on APC's surface it interacts with the CD28 receptor on t-cells for t cell recognition
CD40 → 4 domain co-receptor expressed on the cytokine secreting TH1 cells, contains the binding site for MHC2 on activated antigen presenting B-cells and macrophages.
Proteasomes → Found in the cytosol used to degrade cytosolic proteins. LMP gene encodes them is found in the MHC2 coding region. Two types, Proteasome 26s and 20s. They Contain a19s cap that prevents the entry of non-tagged proteins. Both 20s or 26s proteasomes can operate independently of the 19s cap
Anergy → When an immature B-cell binds soluble antigen, they are inactivated but not killed.