5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pro-B cell
- Ti antigen
- a Lymphocyte Function Associated Antigen-1. An integrin expressed by all t-cells it is important for to allow for binding to cell adhesion molecules expresses on extracellular matrix.
- b B cells in early development when they first express b cell marker proteins and it rearranges its heavy chain genes. D to J followed by V to DJ in late pro b phase.
- c Thymus independent antigens. TI can elicit antibody production in the absence of t cells. TI-1 activates non-specific b cells. TI-2 have multiple identical epitopes that cross link b cell receptors.
- d Antigens that cause hypersensitive or allergic reactions, usually involving IgE antibody responses
- e 4 domain co-receptor expressed on the cytokine secreting TH1 cells, contains the binding site for MHC2 on activated antigen presenting B-cells and macrophages.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The increase in affinity of the antigen-binding sites of antibodies for antigen that occurs during the course of an adaptive immune response. Is a result of somatic hypermutation in the Ig.
- Large signal transduction complex that is associated wit the T-cell receptor in the T-cell membrane. Contain Intracellular ITAMs domains.
- Are specialized to transport microorganisms to gut associated lymphoid tissue. They take up by phagocytosis and endocytosis. Also known as Peyer's patch.
- Found in the cytosol used to degrade cytosolic proteins. LMP gene encodes them is found in the MHC2 coding region. Two types, Proteasome 26s and 20s. They Contain a19s cap that prevents the entry of non-tagged proteins. Both 20s or 26s proteasomes can operate independently of the 19s cap
- An epitope consisting of amino acids from different parts of the sequence, brought together by folding. Also known as Conformational epitope.
5 True/False questions
Granzymes → Natural variants of a protein that are encoded by the alleles of a given gene.
Function of dendritic cells → Antigen presenting cell. Endocytose and degrade pathogen present via MHC 1/2 to activate b-cells and t-cells. After interaction with pathogen APC migrate to lymph nodes. Only cell to contain costimulators.
Germinal centre → General term for Lymphocytes that are responsible for immunological memory.
Alloreactivity → The recognition of non self MHC molecules by T-cells.
ITAM → Lymphocyte Function Associated Antigen-1. An integrin expressed by all t-cells it is important for to allow for binding to cell adhesion molecules expresses on extracellular matrix.