1. "Post partum is considered a "cold" condition due to blood loss during labor.
2. Hot foods are required to rebuild lost blood supply.
3. If cold foods are eaten at this time it can result in headache or arthritis in old age.
4. Hot foods would include, hot water, hot tea, ginger, vinegar, pigs feet and high protein meats, although beef should be avoided because it slows healing.
1. Stay in doors for at least thirty days, the "sitting month". This period can be as long as three months.
2. Avoid upsetting the balance of "hot and cold", avoid showering, washing hair, or exposing yourself to any cold conditions such as air conditioning, open windows, drafts or doorways during the "sitting" month.
3. Use water with ginger to purify hands before handling baby.
4. BREASTFEEDING Soup of papaya and fish with papaya is encouraged to increase milk production.
5. The first milk, "colostrum" is considered stale or dirty, therefore it is discarded.
6. Salty foods are encouraged to help produce more milk.