5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Stop Giving Care
- length of rescue breath
- adult if no signals of breathing
- Reasons to Give slow breaths
- check for breathing
- a 2 rescue breaths
- b if the scene becomes unsafe, the victim shows signs of life, another trained rescuer takes over, you are to exhausted to continue.
- c 1 second
- d to avoid forcing air into stomach
- e open the airway, look, listen and feel for air
5 Multiple choice questions
- 5 back blows with 5 abdominal thrusts
- tap and ask "are you ok?
- call 911, meet and direct traffic, help give first aid, send for supplies, information about situation
- provide 2 min of care then call 911 when: uncon. victim under 12 or victim drowning
- 1. Interview the victim and bystanders 2. check the victim from head to toe
5 True/False questions
Steps in an emergency → if the scene becomes unsafe, the victim shows signs of life, another trained rescuer takes over, you are to exhausted to continue.
Cardiac chain of survival → Early recognition, early CPR, early defibrillation, early advanced medical care
Barriers to action → uncertainty of victim, nature of the injury, fear of disease transmission, fear of doing something wrong
Adult CPR → 1 or 2 hands in center of chest - compression 1-1 1/2 inches -30 compression 2 breaths
Consent- tell them → 1. who you are 2. your level of training 3. the care you would like to give