5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cell theory
- Plasma membrane
- Organ system
- a The region of the cell within the membrane that includes the fluid, the cytoskeleton, and all of the organelles except the nucleus.
- b The theory that states all living things are made up of one or more cells, that cells are the basic units of organisms, that each cell in a multicellular organism has a specific job, and that cells come only from existing cells.
- c One of the small, tubular fibers composed of the protein tubulin that are found in the cytoplasm of the eukaryotic cells, that compose the cytoskeleton, and that play a role in cell structure and movement.
- d Also known as a cell membrane, the cell's outer boundary.
- e Group of organs that accomplish related tasks.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An organism made up of cells that have a nucleus enclosed by a membrane, multiple chromosomes, and a mitotic cycle; eukaryotes include animals, plants, and fungi but not bacteria or archaea.
- An organelle that is composed of two short microtubules at right angles to each other and that has an active role in mitosis.
- The soluble portion of the cytoplasm, which includes molecules and small particles, such as ribosomes, but not the organelles covered with membranes.
- One of the small bodies that are found in cytoplasm of a cell and that are specialized to perform a specific function.
- Modifies many cellular products and prepares them for export.
5 True/False questions
Cilium → A collection of specialized cells and cell products that perform a specific function.
Cytoskeleton → The cytoplasmic network of protein filaments and tubes that plays an essential role in cell movement, shape, and division.
Cell wall → In biology, the smallest unit that can perform all life processes; cells are covered by a membrane and contain DNA and cytoplasm.
Tissue → A hairlike structure arranged in tightly packed rows that projects from the surface of some cells.
Endoplasmic reticulum → Also known as a cell membrane, the cell's outer boundary.