5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Endoplasmic reticulum
- a A system of membranes that is found in a cell's cytoplasm and that assists in the production, processing, and transport of proteins in the production of lipids.
- b In a eukaryotic cell, one of the structures in the nucleus that are made up of DNA and protein, in a prokaryotic cell, the main ring of DNA.
- c An organelle found in plant and algae cells where photosynthesis occurs.
- d A cell organelle composed of RNA and protein; the site of protein synthesis.
- e The soluble portion of the cytoplasm, which includes molecules and small particles, such as ribosomes, but not the organelles covered with membranes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Also known as a cell membrane, the cell's outer boundary.
- A collection of tissues that carry out a specialized function of the body.
- An organelle of plant cells that contains specific substances and performs specific functions for the cell; examples include chloroplasts and chromoplasts.
- One of the small bodies that are found in cytoplasm of a cell and that are specialized to perform a specific function.
- Group of organs that accomplish related tasks.
5 True/False questions
Nuclear envelope → The double membrane that surrounds the nucleus of a eukaryotic cell.
Microtubule → One of the small, tubular fibers composed of the protein tubulin that are found in the cytoplasm of the eukaryotic cells, that compose the cytoskeleton, and that play a role in cell structure and movement.
Cell → A hairlike structure arranged in tightly packed rows that projects from the surface of some cells.
Cell wall → In biology, the smallest unit that can perform all life processes; cells are covered by a membrane and contain DNA and cytoplasm.
Golgi apparatus → An organelle found in plant and algae cells where photosynthesis occurs.