5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nuclear envelope
- Plasma membrane
- Phospholipid bilayer
- a Also known as a cell membrane, the cell's outer boundary.
- b The double membrane that surrounds the nucleus of a eukaryotic cell.
- c A double layer of phospholipids that makes up plasma and organelle membranes.
- d In physical science, an atom's central region, which is made up of protons and neutrons.
- e In a eukaryotic cell, one of the structures in the nucleus that are made up of DNA and protein, in a prokaryotic cell, the main ring of DNA.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A rigid structure that supports the cell membrane and provides support to the cell.
- A cell organelle composed of RNA and protein; the site of protein synthesis.
- The part of the eukaryotic nucleus where ribosomal RNA is synthesized.
- A type of hydrocarbon in which some or all of the hydrogen atoms are replaced by chlorine and fluorine; used in coolants for refrigerators and air conditioners and in cleaning solvents.
- An organelle that is composed of two short microtubules at right angles to each other and that has an active role in mitosis.
5 True/False questions
Mitochondrion → In eukaryotic cells, the cell organelle that is surrounded by two membranes and that is the site of the cellular respiration, which produces ATP.
Golgi apparatus → Group of organs that accomplish related tasks.
Central vacuole → In some protests an din most plan cells, a large, fluid-filled organelle that stores water, enzymes, metabolic wastes, and other materials.
Microtubule → A fiber found inside eukaryotic cells that is composed mainly of the protein actin and that has a role in cell structure and movement.
Cilium → A hairlike structure arranged in tightly packed rows that projects from the surface of some cells.