5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Endoplasmic reticulum
- Cell wall
- a In a eukaryotic cell, one of the structures in the nucleus that are made up of DNA and protein, in a prokaryotic cell, the main ring of DNA.
- b A system of membranes that is found in a cell's cytoplasm and that assists in the production, processing, and transport of proteins in the production of lipids.
- c The cytoplasmic network of protein filaments and tubes that plays an essential role in cell movement, shape, and division.
- d A rigid structure that supports the cell membrane and provides support to the cell.
- e An organelle found in plant and algae cells where photosynthesis occurs.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A type of hydrocarbon in which some or all of the hydrogen atoms are replaced by chlorine and fluorine; used in coolants for refrigerators and air conditioners and in cleaning solvents.
- The soluble portion of the cytoplasm, which includes molecules and small particles, such as ribosomes, but not the organelles covered with membranes.
- A cell organelle that contains digestive enzymes and that buds from the Golgi apparatus.
- Group of organs that accomplish related tasks.
- A long, hairlike structure that grows out of a cell and enables the cell to move.
5 True/False questions
Microtubule → An organelle that is composed of two short microtubules at right angles to each other and that has an active role in mitosis.
Central vacuole → An organelle that is composed of two short microtubules at right angles to each other and that has an active role in mitosis.
Cell → A hairlike structure arranged in tightly packed rows that projects from the surface of some cells.
Microfilament → One of the small, tubular fibers composed of the protein tubulin that are found in the cytoplasm of the eukaryotic cells, that compose the cytoskeleton, and that play a role in cell structure and movement.
Cell theory → A rigid structure that supports the cell membrane and provides support to the cell.