5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Endoplasmic reticulum
- a The soluble portion of the cytoplasm, which includes molecules and small particles, such as ribosomes, but not the organelles covered with membranes.
- b A system of membranes that is found in a cell's cytoplasm and that assists in the production, processing, and transport of proteins in the production of lipids.
- c In biology, the smallest unit that can perform all life processes; cells are covered by a membrane and contain DNA and cytoplasm.
- d A collection of tissues that carry out a specialized function of the body.
- e In eukaryotic cells, the cell organelle that is surrounded by two membranes and that is the site of the cellular respiration, which produces ATP.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The theory that states all living things are made up of one or more cells, that cells are the basic units of organisms, that each cell in a multicellular organism has a specific job, and that cells come only from existing cells.
- A cell organelle composed of RNA and protein; the site of protein synthesis.
- A hairlike structure arranged in tightly packed rows that projects from the surface of some cells.
- An organism made up of cells that have a nucleus enclosed by a membrane, multiple chromosomes, and a mitotic cycle; eukaryotes include animals, plants, and fungi but not bacteria or archaea.
- An organelle of plant cells that contains specific substances and performs specific functions for the cell; examples include chloroplasts and chromoplasts.
5 True/False questions
Chromosome → A cell organelle composed of RNA and protein; the site of protein synthesis.
Microfilament → One of the small, tubular fibers composed of the protein tubulin that are found in the cytoplasm of the eukaryotic cells, that compose the cytoskeleton, and that play a role in cell structure and movement.
Prokaryote → A single-celled orangism that has no nucleus and has no membrane-bound organelles; examples include bacteria and archaea.
Tissue → A collection of specialized cells and cell products that perform a specific function.
Cell wall → In biology, the smallest unit that can perform all life processes; cells are covered by a membrane and contain DNA and cytoplasm.