5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A collection of specialized cells and cell products that perform a specific function.
- b One of the small, tubular fibers composed of the protein tubulin that are found in the cytoplasm of the eukaryotic cells, that compose the cytoskeleton, and that play a role in cell structure and movement.
- c One of the small bodies that are found in cytoplasm of a cell and that are specialized to perform a specific function.
- d An organism made up of cells that have a nucleus enclosed by a membrane, multiple chromosomes, and a mitotic cycle; eukaryotes include animals, plants, and fungi but not bacteria or archaea.
- e The cytoplasmic network of protein filaments and tubes that plays an essential role in cell movement, shape, and division.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The double membrane that surrounds the nucleus of a eukaryotic cell.
- A single-celled orangism that has no nucleus and has no membrane-bound organelles; examples include bacteria and archaea.
- Modifies many cellular products and prepares them for export.
- A rigid structure that supports the cell membrane and provides support to the cell.
- A collection of tissues that carry out a specialized function of the body.
5 True/False questions
Plasma membrane → A cell organelle that contains digestive enzymes and that buds from the Golgi apparatus.
Microfilament → A fiber found inside eukaryotic cells that is composed mainly of the protein actin and that has a role in cell structure and movement.
Chromosome → In a eukaryotic cell, one of the structures in the nucleus that are made up of DNA and protein, in a prokaryotic cell, the main ring of DNA.
Thylakoid → A membrane system found within chloroplasts that contains the components for photosynthesis.
Cytoplasm → An organelle found in plant and algae cells where photosynthesis occurs.