5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Central vacuole
- Organ system
- a In some protests an din most plan cells, a large, fluid-filled organelle that stores water, enzymes, metabolic wastes, and other materials.
- b In physical science, an atom's central region, which is made up of protons and neutrons.
- c Group of organs that accomplish related tasks.
- d In eukaryotic cells, the cell organelle that is surrounded by two membranes and that is the site of the cellular respiration, which produces ATP.
- e A membrane system found within chloroplasts that contains the components for photosynthesis.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Also known as a cell membrane, the cell's outer boundary.
- The soluble portion of the cytoplasm, which includes molecules and small particles, such as ribosomes, but not the organelles covered with membranes.
- A long, hairlike structure that grows out of a cell and enables the cell to move.
- A single-celled orangism that has no nucleus and has no membrane-bound organelles; examples include bacteria and archaea.
- A system of membranes that is found in a cell's cytoplasm and that assists in the production, processing, and transport of proteins in the production of lipids.
5 True/False questions
Phospholipid bilayer → A double layer of phospholipids that makes up plasma and organelle membranes.
Plastid → An organelle of plant cells that contains specific substances and performs specific functions for the cell; examples include chloroplasts and chromoplasts.
Nucleolus → The part of the eukaryotic nucleus where ribosomal RNA is synthesized.
Cytoskeleton → The soluble portion of the cytoplasm, which includes molecules and small particles, such as ribosomes, but not the organelles covered with membranes.
Chlorophyll → An organelle found in plant and algae cells where photosynthesis occurs.