Create an account
- communication barriers & information silos
- problem exists across business units & subgroups
- hardware and software groups
- high duplication & inefficient process
- ex. new designs - lack of comm to groups that need to know
- professional collaboration & information repository
- collaboration : connecting groups & divisions to share info
- data repository - knowledge management & storage
- we currently use SharePoint as a document repository, but it doesn't meet our current requirements
- such a solution would have a high impact on core capabilities but a low impact on strategy
- increase efficiency, but it wouldn't change the company's strategy
- Itron has a small group of 10-12 from several groups
- marketing, hardware, software, IT, CTO's office
- Group came up with a set of requirements that the tool would need to have
- three different categories
-requirements are also prioritized into three categories
- must : req has to be met
- need : adds value but not required
- want : basically a nice to have
- we basically did a decision analysis on about 15 different solutions and narrowed it down to 3 that we are investigating
- SharePoint 15
- decision analysis
- basically we weighted the must/need/want with 10/5/1 and rated each solution with each requirement that we had.
- 0-3 (3=exceeds)
- jive->yammer->existing SharePoint
- jive = $144 per user (2000) users + $50,000 = $338,000
- yammer = $120K
- SharePoint15 = itron has microsoft licenses for most of their products, including SharePoint15
- we are currently holding pilots for jive & yammer
- everyone on the team has accounts
- the original date for a decision was going to be sometime in the summer, but we got an extension because SharePoint15 will not be released officially until the end of the year.
- Jive is highest score but most expensive
- Leaning towards SharePoint 15 not only because of costs, but also because of the lower training needed
- and SharePoint integrates into all the tools we currently use (word, excel, powerpoint, etc)
- looks like a competitor from the demo we saw.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together