Create an account
What are loop diuretics drugs used for?
1. severe edema, especially CHF and pulmonary edema
2. action is faster and more effective than thiazides
What are the side effects for loop diuretics meds (6)?
1. Fluid and electrolyte imbalance with dehydration, circulatory collapse, chest pain
2. Hypokalemia with weakness and vertigo
5. Increased uric acid
6. Allergic reactions to furosemide in those allergic to sulfa drugs
What are six (6) contraindications or cautions for loop diuretics?
1. Liver and kidney disease
2. Alkalosis and dehydration
3. Allergies to sulfa drugs
5. History of gout
6. Pregnancy, lactation
What are nine (9) patient education issues for loop diuretics?
1. Take potassium supplements as prescribed
2. Notify Dr. immediately of side effects
3. Take with food before 6:00 pm
4. Rise slowly
5. Avoid alcohol
6. Report decreases in urinary output
7. Report abrupt or severe weight loss
8. Limit exposure to sunlight
9. Consult Dr. before taking any OTC meds.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together