Create an account
the cycle of movement of cool, dense magma, and hot less dense magma in the plastic-like layer of the mantle, just below Earth's crust.
a place in the world where hot, liquid magma from below the crust breaks through and flows onto the ground.
This happens when magma oozes onto the ocean floor along mid ocean ridges and cools, forming new crust and pushing plates apart.
Evidence for this includes:
1. The way the continents appear to fit together like the pieces of a puzzle.
2. Similar fossils are found on different Continents.
3. There is climatological evidence.
4. Rocks on different continents are similar.
Water that flows over the ground surface and eventually flows into streams, oceans, or lakes.
water that soaks into the ground and collects in the small spaces between bits of soil and rocks.
Some facts about this include:
Ships pollute the oceans by dumping waste.
People pollute by littering, damaging estuaries
Properly disposing of toxic materials such as motor oil will help prevent ocean pollution.
Some results of this include:
destruction of beaches and animal habitats
killing of fish and birds
making people sick at the beach
- caused by movement of Earth's crust
- rapid release of energy
- happen most often on fault lines
- fault, focus, epicenter and P and S waves are the key words
- sign that Earth is active and moving
- often occur in area known as Pacific Ring of Fire
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together