5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- subunit vaccine
- intrinsic factor
- a Contain only certain proteins from the organism, can not cause dz, a lyme vaccine and FeLV are available
- b •natural substance normally found present in the stomach essential to the metabolism of vitamin B 12 .
- c a watch kept over a person; careful, close, and disciplined observation
- d any of a large variety of proteins normally present in the body or produced in response to an antigen which it neutralizes, thus producing an immune response
- e reduced in strength
5 Multiple choice questions
- indirect transmission by a vector in which the infectious agent does not undergo physiologic changes inside the vector
- a disease spreading quickly among animals
- Animal version of pandemic.
- a toxin that is confined inside the microorganisms and is released only when the microorganisms are broken down or die
- a system of refrigeration used for keeping and distributing vaccines at the correct temperature and in good condition
5 True/False questions
transovarial transmission → indirect transmission by a vector in which the infectious agent does not undergo physiologic changes inside the vector
toxoid → a bacterial toxin that has been weakened until it is no longer toxic but is strong enough to induce the formation of antibodies and immunity to the specific disease caused by the toxin
procaryote → non membrane bound nucleus
incubation period → An individual capable of transmitting an infectious agent to others during the incubation period of the disease.
seroepidemiology → a population survey using serologic test to screen for exposure and immunity to an infectious disease