Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (56)
What is dad doing when kenny gets upset?
1. Dad is listening to records on the Ultra-Glide
What does kenny ask his father?
2. Kenny asks dad does Byron really have to stay in Alabama, and dad tells him why they are sending him there, but Kenny already knows.
Why does dad say Byron must go to Birmingham?
3. Dad says he needs to go to Alabama because there are things he cant learn in Flint and spending time down in Alabama will help open his eyes and remove some of the temptations.
What has been happening in the South? What does this have to do with Byron?
4. Down in the south there are made white people screaming and giving dirty finger signs to black kids who were trying to go to school. And Byron is getting old enough to have to understand that his time for playing is running out fast, hes got to realize the world doesnt have alot of jokes waiting for him.
what does Kenny say about being a grown up?
6. Kenny doesnt think he will be a good parent and it seems scary
What does dad say about being a grown up and a parent?
7. At first it is scary and then with alot of practice you will have it under control.
What reason does dad give for buying the Ultra- Glide?
8. Once they get down to Cincinnati all they play is hillbilly music on the radio. And Momma and Dad promised they would file a divorce if one of them listened to Hillbilly music.
What does Mrs. Davidson give Joetta?
9. Mrs. Davidson gives Joey a white colored angel doll.
What does Joetta think of Mrs. Davidson's gift?
10.Joey doesnt like the doll because it is white colored and she is black, it didnt look like her at all.
How does Byron get ready to go to Alabama?
11. Byron didnt do anything to get ready for Alabama, he acted like nothing was happening.
Where does Byron sleep the night before the family leaves? Why?
12. Byron bunks with mom and dad because, mama thought since it was his last night he was going to spend in Flint for a while he might like to sleep in their room for the night.
What does Momma have in her notebook?
13. Mama planned everything like where they would eat, when they would eat, who got bologna sandwiches on day one, who got tuna fish on day two and who got peanut butter and jelly on day three, how much money money that was spent on hamburgers, how much was for any emergencies, who would get the windows on each day, who was responsible for keeping paper and trash from piling up in the car. Etc.
Where should the Watsons be at the end of day 2?
14. The Watsons will be right side of Knoxville, Tennessee on day 2.
Why does Momma say day 3 will be tough for dad?
15. Day three is going to be tough for dad because he's going to have to drive for more than six hours. After they leave Knoxville, they have about 300 miles to go.
What has Momma put on the front of her notebook?
16. On the notebook was written in big, black letters the Watsons go to Birmingham 1963, she had even drawn a picture of a flower with a big fat silly bird trying to land on it but it was really bee.
What has Momma done to get ready for the trip?
17. Mama has gotten ready for the trip by going to the library to look up stuff about every state they travel through, and all about the expressway, she brought books and puzzles and games, she planned out their whole trip.
How does Byron plan to get back at his parents? Does he follow his plan?
18. Byron plans to get back at his parents by trying not to speak a single word. But as soon as they got to Detroit's Byron said, "how are we gonna get this record player to work"?
How does Kenny "bug" Byron in the car?
19. Kenny bugged Byron by, asking how many cows happy as he's counted and how many red cars and he calls him the liplest wonder again.
Ch. 10 questions
What was the first stop the Watsons made?
1.In Iowa and ate.
What was wrong with the bathrooms and the water in at the rest stop?
2.The bathrooms were smelly and the toilets were just a big hole with flies coming out of it. Thewater had a metal taste.
Why does Momma say Byron should get used to an outhouse?
3.In Alabama Grandma Sands has a outhouse and Kenny and Byron do not like the outhouse.
Why doesnt either boy want to hold Joeys head while she sleeps?
4. Byron and Kenny do not want to hold Joey's head because she drools when she sleeps.
What does Kenny find inside Joey's shoe? What does it make him think about?
5. Kenny takes off Joey's shoes, he saw a worn down picture of a little white boy with a girls hairdo and a smiling dog, that said Buster Brown. He wondered what a little white boy would think if he knew he was getting stepped on every day by kennys sister.
Why is Momma upset when dad says he is not stopping in Cincinnati?
6. Momma was mad that they didn't stop in Cincinnati because it ruined all of their plans for the night stay.
What did Kenny her Dad and Mr. Johnson talking about before the trip?
7. Kenny heard Dad and Mr. Johnson talking about the brown bomber. Dad asked how far did he think it could go. Mr. Johnson said he could go all the way to Alabama strait. So that's what dad did.
Why does Byron make dad satnd outside the outhouse door?
8. When Kenny went to the bathroom he kept the door open and made dad stand outside so in case he fell in he be able to pull him out.
Why are joey and Kenny scared at the restop in Tennessee?
9. Kenny Joey were scared at the Tennessee rest stop because it was all black outside and there was a murder mountain Joey were scared at the Tennessee rest stop because there were mountains all around them and so many stars. Also there was no outhouses or bathrooms so they had to use the woods to go to the bathroom. Byron tell Kenny he wasn't afraid of snakes out there he was afraid of the people out he Byron tell Kenny he wasn't afraid of snakes out there he was afraid of the people at there. He said that there were crazy redneck hillbillies.
Why is Momma upset with dad?
10. Momma was mad at Dad because he Driven then into a crazy darkless stop instead of a motel.
Some Ch. 11 questions
What does Kenny suspect Grandma Sands to look like? Is he right?
1. Kenny suspects Grandma Sands to look like a troll, but Kenny was somewhat wrong. She was really old looking, skinny and walked with a cane.
What s surprises Kenny when he first sees Birmingham?
What surprises kenny is he sees that Birmingham looks a lot like Flint, because there were real houses, not little log cabins, all over the place. There was great, big, beautiful trees and the sun.
What is the first kind of mind power that dad uses on the trip? Why?
The first mind power dad used was to lock his focus into the road And think just of if it was only him, the Brown Bomber, and the road. So he wouldn't fall asleep.
Momma went along with it because of how much money momma would save if they drove straight there.
Some Ch. 12 questions
Why cant Mr. Robert and Toddy hunt anymore?
2. Mr. Robert and Toddy cant hunt anymore because they are both old and run out of the desire to hunt.
How did Mr.Robert save Toddy's life?
3. Mr.Robert saved Toddy's life by blowing air into his nose, because Toddy was almost drowned by a racoon in a lake.
Where is Mr. Robert taking Dad and Byron tomorrow?
11. Mr. Robert is taking Dad and Byron to the lake, to show the best fishing spots for later.
How does Grandma Sands scare Joey and Kenny?
5. Grandma Sands scares Kenny and Joey by, her laughing like the old witch of the west snd they would go hide behind something, but not anymore.
Some Ch.13 questions
What is the Wool Pooh? What does Byron tell Kenny about the Wool Pooh?
3. A wool pooh is Winnie the Pooh's evil twin brother. He hides under the water and snatch kids down with him. And they didn't write a story about him because they didnt want to scare kids.
What does the Wool Pooh look like?
14. According to Kenny, Wool Pooh looks big, gray with hard square-looking fingers. Where he should of had a face there was nothing but dark gray. And his eyes just a darker colder-looking color.
Who did Kenny see as the Wool Pooh pulls him? What does that persin try to tell Kenny?
16. Kenny saw a little girl with a blue dress on and yellow wings, also with a halo around her head. She looked like Joey, but like the doll Mrs. Davidson gave to her. She holds her arm straight up and points to the sky.
What warning does Grandma Sands give about Colliers Landing?
1. The warning that Grandma gives about Colliers landing is that to stay away from it because a couple of years ago Miss Thomas's little boy Jimmy got caught up in a Whirlpool, and didnt find the body for days.
Some Ch. 14 questions
What wakes Kenny as he naps under the tree?
5. The thing that wakes Kenny up is a big boom, he thinks it was a far off thunderstorm coming.
Where is Joetta getting ready to go to?
1. Joetta is getting ready to go to Sunday School/ Church.
Why does Momma scream?
6. Momma screams because, she heard that Joey's church had been blown up by some white guy or guys.
What does Kenny first see when he gets to the Church?
8. 2 little girls being carried out of the Church maybe dead. Kenny first sees, when he gets to the church is a pile of rocks where the front of it use to be and a bunch of people running and screaming. There was smoke and dust everywhere. There was bibles everywhere and people trying to get out.
What does Joey say happened at the Church?
15. What Joey says happened at the Church is, that she was hot in the Church and sat down on the porch and saw Kenny, she said that Kenny waved from her across the street and followed him all the way home.
Some Ch.15 questions
Why are Momma and dad so worried about Kenny?
3. Mama and Dad are worried about Kenny because he is disappearing all the time and when they call his name a few minutes go by and he pops out of no where. They also dont know what he could have seen in there.
Where does Kenny go when he disappears? Why does he go there?
4. Where Kenny goes when he disappears is, behind the counch, because when their pets got hurt they would go back there and some how
get better, so he was trying to see if it would work. and he wanted to be alone.
Why does Byron call the space behind the couch the World- Famouse Watson pet hospital?
5. Why Byron calls the space behind the counch the world-famous Watson pet hospital is because, when one of their pets got hurt they would crawl behind the couch and lay there until they automatically got better.
How does Byron react when Kenny cries?
12. how Byron react when Kenny cries is, he catches Kenny from falling off the toilet and sets him on the floor and closes the bathroom door. He put Kennys head in his lap and waited for him to stop crying.
Where does Kenny think there could be magic powers, genies, and angels?
19. Where Kenny thinks there could be magic powers, genies, and angels, is when your dad smiled at you even after you messed up something real bad. Or a genie, when your sister would throw a silly tea party for you and you had fun even though it was kind of embarrassing to sit at a little table and sip water out of plastic teacups. Or magic powers when, your older brother made all the worst thugs in the neighborhood play basketball with you even though you double dribbled every time they threw you the ball. And a angel, when in Birmingham when grandma Sands wrapped her little arms around all of the weird Watsons and said,my family, my beautiful, beautiful family.
What does Kenny ask Byron? What is Byron's answer?
13. Kenny asks Byron why would hurt some little kids like that. And Byron answers, I don't know Kenny. Momma and dad say they cant help themselves they did it because theyre sick but I don't know. I never heard of no sickness that makes you kill little girls because you don't want them in your school. I don't think there sick at all, I think they just let anger eat them up and turn them into monsters. but now they can't hurt you here. it's all right.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
The Catcher In The Rye
The Catcher In The Rye
Brighton Beach Memoirs
The catcher in the rye
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
ch. 6 and ch. 7
Ch. 3 lesson 1-2-3-4
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
chapter 1 A&P test questions
CH.2 THERAPEUTIC COMMUNICATION
GEO 101 Minerals Quiz
important people unit 5 test