5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Qualitative Observations
- Independent Variable
- a this variable data is plotted on the horizontal (x) axis of a graph
- b to repeat a research study, usually with different participants and in different situations, to confirm the results of the original study
- c A simple statement predicting the result of a controlled scientific experiment.
- d part of an experiment that the experimenter changes.
- e observations made by the 5 senses. (seeing, feeling, touching, smelling, tasting.)
5 Multiple choice questions
- the methodological studying of the natural world through experimentation and verification of facts.
- an attitude of doubt
- observations made by using measuring instruments. (number-based observations)
- a possible explanation for what you observe (that you might assume is true)
- something that can affect how the results of an experiment are viewed
5 True/False questions
Dependent Variable → part of an experiment that the experimenter changes.
Graph → evidence gathered through observations (especially during experiments)
Dependent → this variable data is plotted on the horizontal (x) axis of a graph
Scientific method → the steps scientists use to create explanations based on the evidence they gather
Manipulated variable → alternative term for independent variable