5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- bar graph
- Responding Variable
- Manipulated variable
- a a possible explanation for what you observe (that you might assume is true)
- b alternative term for independent variable
- c alternative term for the dependant variable
- d is used to represent things we cannot directly study.
- e used to display data that is not continuous or without units
5 Multiple choice questions
- evidence gathered through observations (especially during experiments)
- visual display of information or data
- the quality of lacking any predictable order or plan,best defense against bias
- observations made by using measuring instruments. (number-based observations)
- this variable data is plotted on the horizontal (x) axis of a graph
5 True/False questions
Control → a standard to compare with the results in an experiment.
sample size → The number of subjects used in an experiment or study. Generally, the larger the better.
Scientific literacy → understanding basic scientific terms and principles
Independent Variable → changes as a result of the changes in the Independent Variable.
Dependent → this variable data is plotted on the horizontal (x) axis of a graph