5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Manipulated variable
- bar graph
- Dependent Variable
- a changes as a result of the changes in the Independent Variable.
- b alternative term for independent variable
- c an attitude of doubt
- d used to display data that is not continuous or without units
- e the quality of lacking any predictable order or plan,best defense against bias
5 Multiple choice questions
- A simple statement predicting the result of a controlled scientific experiment.
- the methodological studying of the natural world through experimentation and verification of facts.
- part of an experiment that the experimenter changes.
- this variable data is plotted on the vertical (y) axis of a graph
- scientific statement that is well tested, supported, and verifiable.
5 True/False questions
Fact → evidence gathered through observations (especially during experiments)
Responding Variable → changes as a result of the changes in the Independent Variable.
Inference → a possible explanation for what you observe (that you might assume is true)
Scientific method → the steps scientists use to create explanations based on the evidence they gather
Replicate → to repeat a research study, usually with different participants and in different situations, to confirm the results of the original study