5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A simple statement predicting the result of a controlled scientific experiment.
- b to repeat a research study, usually with different participants and in different situations, to confirm the results of the original study
- c this variable data is plotted on the vertical (y) axis of a graph
- d a standard to compare with the results in an experiment.
- e the quality of lacking any predictable order or plan,best defense against bias
5 Multiple choice questions
- to use of your senses to gather quantitative or qualitative information
- observations made by using measuring instruments. (number-based observations)
- the steps scientists use to create explanations based on the evidence they gather
- understanding basic scientific terms and principles
- something that can affect how the results of an experiment are viewed
5 True/False questions
Manipulated variable → part of an experiment that the experimenter changes.
Scientific Law → understanding basic scientific terms and principles
Responding Variable → alternative term for the dependant variable
Data → evidence gathered through observations (especially during experiments)
Graph → visual display of information or data