5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Qualitative Observations
- Quantitative Observations
- Scientific Law
- a observations made by using measuring instruments. (number-based observations)
- b this variable data is plotted on the horizontal (x) axis of a graph
- c true statement
- d observations made by the 5 senses. (seeing, feeling, touching, smelling, tasting.)
- e scientific statement that is well tested, supported, and verifiable.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to use of your senses to gather quantitative or qualitative information
- the steps scientists use to create explanations based on the evidence they gather
- something that can affect how the results of an experiment are viewed
- a standard to compare with the results in an experiment.
- used to display data that is not continuous or without units
5 True/False questions
Data → evidence gathered through observations (especially during experiments)
Dependent → this variable data is plotted on the vertical (y) axis of a graph
Independent Variable → changes as a result of the changes in the Independent Variable.
Science → a possible explanation for what you observe (that you might assume is true)
randomness → A simple statement predicting the result of a controlled scientific experiment.