Create an account
a statement containing opposite ideas that make it seem absurd or unlikely, although it is or may be true
1. to make someone too nervous or embarrassed to do something
2. to hold back or prevent a process or action
a standard or principle by which something is judged, or with the help of which a decision is made
1. to send something from one person or place to another
2. to allow heat, light, sound, ect. to pass through
1. something that encourages better or faster development
2. something that causes a reaction in a living organism
1. the opportunity or ability to do or achieve something
2. the range of things that a subject, an organization, an activity, ect. deals with
not certain and slightly suspicious about something; not knowing whether something is good or bad
1. to include a large number or range of things
2. to surround or cover something completely
1. connected with God or a god; considered to be holy
2. very important and treated with great respect
1. to help someone by doing what he or she wants
2. to change behavior in order to deal with a new situation better
1. logical and well organized; easy to understand and clear
2. able to talk and express oneself clearly
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together