Scheduled maintenance: Saturday, March 6 from 3–4 PM PST
Upgrade to remove ads
The Five Themes of Geography (MR HELP)
Terms in this set (5)
How are people and places linked by communication and the flow of people, ideas and goods?
▪ Transportation, communication, trade
▪ Patterns of movement such as migration
▪ Linkages and connections
What are their unifying features and how do they form and change over time?
▪ Regions a basic unit for geographic study
▪ Geographers divide the world into regions to help them interpret
▪ Regions can be defined on the basis of: physical and human characteristics.
How do people interact with and change their environment?
▪ Depend on the environment
▪ Adapt to the environment
▪ Modify the environment
Where is it? Why is it located there?
▪ Absolute location is given in degrees of latitude and longitude
▪ Relative location depends upon point of reference, e.g.,near, far, a short drive
What is it like? All places have features that distinguish them from other places.
▪ Physical Characteristics - landforms (mountains, plains, etc.),bodies of water (oceans, lakes, bay, etc.), ecosystems (soil, plants, animals, and climate)
▪ Human Characteristics - bridges, roads, buildings, culture language
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
8 Strands of Social Studies
7 FHS APHuG Chapter 7 Vocab: Ethnicity
Map Skills Vocabulary
FHS AP HuG Rubenstein Chapter 1: This is…
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Human Geography Unit 1 Test
AP Human Geo Unit 1
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Age of Exploration
Early European Explorers
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
Social Studies Unit One Test, Chapters 1 - 3 (edit…
WC Unit 1 The World
World Geography #2
Intro to Geography