Create an account
Three lines of the lateral view
- 1) Anterior margin of vertebral body
- 2) Posterior margin of vertebral body
- 3) Bases of spinous processes
What to look for in lateral view?
- Osteophytes (bone spurs or projections) on bone
- Distance between bones is no more than 3 millimeters in adults and 5 millimeters in children
What to look for in Long AP view?
- bilateral uniformity.
- No space is 50% wider than one above or below it.
---if patient has neck spasms could be more ---
- Spinous processes lining up.
- Space on each side of odontoid peg should be equal
Significance of Psoas major AP view?
If you can't see it, there may be a hematoma or aneurysm blocking your view. Red flag!
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together