Create an account
- Local area network
- shared use
- most based on switched ethernet -- adding capacity
- network sharing resources
Typical use of LAN
- file sharing
- printer sharing
- internet/intranet access
- project collaboration
- access data in form computer can use
- sends data to processing unit to be processed
- keyboard and mouse are most common
- others: scanners, barcode, touch screen, voice, probes, NIC, sound card, modem
- supplement instruction not supplant
- track projects
- support project management
Computer labs need
lighting, a/c, chalk/dry erase, carpet, power, networking, phones, furniture, security
measures - bytes
- common unit of computer storage
- 8 binary digits (bits) = 1 byte
- smallest addressable group of bits accessible by computer
- a byte holds the equivalent of a single character
- allows computers to talk to each other
- 128 characters, 33 non printing controls that effect text and space
- used to control printers
-allows the import and export of data
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together