First Form Latin Grammar Questions 1-40
Memoria Press First Form Latin Grammar Questions
Terms in this set (40)
1. Give the five vowel letters and their long sounds in Latin.
a /ah/, e /ay/, i /ee/, o /oh/, u /oo/ (food)
2. Give two Latin words that have the long sound of the five vowels.
3. Always in Latin and usually in English c, g, and sc are soft before
e, i, ae and oe.
4. Always in Latin and usually in English c, g and sc are hard before
a, o, u, consonants.
5. In Latin and English hard c has the sound of
6. Soft c has the sound of /s/ in English and
/ch/ in Latin.
7. In Latin, gn is pronounced like
/ny/. pugno, magnus
8. Give the names, from left to right, of the last three syllables of a Latin word.
antepenult, penult, ultima
9. The accent is on the penult unless
the antepenult is marked.
10. Verb families are called
11. How many conjugations are there? Name them.
4. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
12. Give the six attributes of a Latin verb.
Conjugation, person, number, tense, voice and mood.
13. Give the three grammar persons.
First person, second person, third person.
14. The first person is the person ______. The second person is the person ______. The third person is the person______.
15. Give the two grammar numbers.
16. How many Latin tenses are there? Name them.
six - present, imperfect, future, perfect, pluperfect, future perfect
17. The stem vowel of the 1st conjugation is
18. Give the names for the three forms of the English present tense.
simple present, progressive present, emphatic present
19. In English "I praise" is the ________________ present, "I am praising" is the _____________ present, and "I do praise" is the _____________ present.
20. In Latin "imperfect" means:
21. The imperfect tense sign is:
22. The imperfect tense is used to describe an
ongoing, repeated, habitual or interrupted action.
23. What English helping verbs translate the imperfect tense?
24. The two basic parts of a sentence are
the subject and predicate.
25. The subject is
who or what the sentence is about.
26. The predicate tells
what the subject is or does.
27. What is Sentence Pattern 1?
subject + verb
28. What English helping verb translates the Latin future tense?
29. The three tenses that make up the Present System are:
present, imperfect, future.
30. The Present System is built on the
31. What are the principal parts of a verb? How many are there?
The forms that provide the stems needed to conjugate a verb in all its tenses. There are usually 4 principal parts of a verb.
32. What is the name of the 2nd principal part?
33. The infinitive ending for all 1st conjugation verbs is
34. How do you find the present stem?
Drop -re from the infinitive.
35. The English infinitive is written with the particle ____ before the verb.
36. The "to be" verb shows
existence, not action.
37. Give the English forms of the "to be" verb.
am, is, are, was, were, be, being, been
38. Give the regular endings for the principal parts of 1st conjugation verbs.
-o, -are, -avi, -atus
39. What is Sentence Pattern 2?
Subject + verb + direct object
40. Something that completes the action of the verb is a
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Grade 12 Academic Vocabulary | Knowsys Level 12 Guide
FF Grammar Questions 1
Lesson XII - Grammar Questions #1-56
First Form Latin Lesson 13 Unit 1 & 2 Grammar
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Art 433 Woman In the Arts Midterm
Gr 7 Science: Astronomy quiz 15
GR 7 Science: Tiner History of Medicine
FFL: Lesson 3
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
First Form Latin Grammar Questions 41-84
First Form Latin Grammar Questions 85-110
Memoria Press First Form Latin Unit 1
*First Form Latin Recitations