A split highway has a number of lanes for traffic. For traffic going in one direction, the radius for the inside of the curve is half the radius for the outside. One car, car A, travels on the inside while another car of equal mass, car B, travels at equal speed on the outside of the curve. Which statement about resultant forces on the cars is correct?
1) The force on A is half the force on B.
2) The force on B is half the force on A.
3) The force on A is four times the force on B.
4) The force on B is four times the force on A.
5) There is no net resultant force on either as long as they stay on the road while turning.