Create an account
considered to be the father of yoga because he was the first one to write down the practices of yoga
2. breathing techniques
5. the ethics- philosophy
1. nonviolence (dont harm any living thing)
2. thruthfulness (dont lie and dont lie to yourself)
3. non-stealing (dont steal from yourself)
4. (a) celebacy: abstention from sex
(b) continence: dont waste your energies
5. non-possessiveness (greedlessness, use only what you need)
1. purity (keep yourself clean in all areas)
3. study (learn to know yourself better and study the masters)
4. austerity (learn to withstand discomfort)
5. devotion: devote yourself to the highest within you
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together