considered to be the father of yoga because he was the first one to write down the practices of yoga
Patanjali's 8 fold path is derived from this, also called ashtanga
2. breathing techniques
5. the ethics- philosophy
ethics of yoga
yamas: restraints (donts)
niyamas: the personal disciplines (dos)
internalization of the outgoing attention
1. nonviolence (dont harm any living thing)
2. thruthfulness (dont lie and dont lie to yourself)
3. non-stealing (dont steal from yourself)
4. (a) celebacy: abstention from sex
(b) continence: dont waste your energies
5. non-possessiveness (greedlessness, use only what you need)
classical pose of relaxation
1. purity (keep yourself clean in all areas)
3. study (learn to know yourself better and study the masters)
4. austerity (learn to withstand discomfort)
5. devotion: devote yourself to the highest within you
used in meditation... circle with a black filled in circle in the middle
used in meditation... maze
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.