5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ferdinand Magellan
- a Region of northeastern India. It was the first part of India to be conquered by the British in the eighteenth century and remained the political and economic center of British India throughout the nineteenth century. Today this region includes part of Eastern India and all of Bangladesh.
- b The 19th century had new forms of transportation. This new type of water transportation used steam instead of sails.
- c Governments in northern Europe, especially in Britain, built these man-made waterways in the 1700s and 1800s to benefit commerce. It contributed to the rise of industrialization.
- d Portuguese navigator who led the Spanish expedition of 1519-1522 that was the first to sail around the world.
Chinese dynasty between 1368-1644. Economy flourished, Border Policy was good, but not well enough enforced, as they were taken over by the Manchu from the North in 1644.
5 Multiple choice questions
- With the invention of this tecnique, lands were able to be farmed that previously could not have been
- The tendency to regard military greatness as the supreme ideal of the state and to subordinate all other interests to those of the military.
- Shi'ite philosopher and cleric who led the overthrow of the shah of Iran in 1979 and created an Islamic Republic of Iran.
- With increased birthrates, urbanization, the outlawing of child labor, the increase of voting rights, and the influence of socialism, families were changed by the children spending much of their time in free community-sponsored ______ ______.
- The Spanish conqueror of Mexico
5 True/False questions
Vasco da Gama → Using the new trade route around the Cape of Good Hope, he brought spices back to Portugal and made a profit of several thousand dollars.
Napoleon Bonaparte →
Overthrew the French revolutionary government (The Directory) in 1799 and became emperor of France in 1804. Failed to defeat Great Britain and abdicated in 1814. Returned to power briefly in 1815 but was defeated and died in exile.
Revolutions of 1848 → a series of political upheavals throughout the European continent. Described by some historians as a revolutionary wave, the period of unrest began in France and then, soon spread to the rest of Europe.
Guilds → Rulers used religious ideas to legitimize their rule. In China emperors' public performance of Confucian _____ was an example of this.
Harsha → In medieval Europe, a sworn supporter of a king or lord committed to rendering specified military service to that king or lord, usually in exchange for the use of land.