5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fransisco Pizarro
- mass deportation
- a In colonial Spanish America, term used to describe someone of European descent born in the New World. Elsewhere in the Americas, the term is used to describe all nonnative peoples.
- b Political party in China from 1911 to 1949; enemy of the Communists. Often abbreviated at GMD.
- c Spanish explorer who led the conquest of the Inca Empire of Peru in 1531-1533.
- d Date: Defeat of the Spanish Armada by the British (Hint: 1__8)
- e Removal of entire peoples used as terror tactic by Assyrian and Persian Empires.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Date: First Crusade
(Hint: ___5 CE)
- A measurement of the total goods and services produced within a country.
- City located in present-day Tunisia, founded by Phoenicians ca. 800 B.C.E. It became a major commercial center and naval power in the western Mediterranean until defeated by the expanding Roman Republic in the third century B.C.E.
- Greek and Phoenician warship of the fifth and fourth centuries B.C.E. It was sleek and light, powered by 170 oars arranged in three vertical tiers. Manned by skilled sailors, it was capable of short bursts of speed and complex maneuvers.
- French Revolutionary assembly (1789-1791). Called first as the Estates General, the three estates came together and demanded radical change. It passed the Declaration of the Rights of Man in 1789.
5 True/False questions
Millet System → A people from central Anatolia who established an empire in Anatolia and Syria in the Late Bronze Age. With wealth from the trade in metals and military power based on chariot forces, they vied with New Kingdom Egypt over Syria.
A conduit, either elevated or under ground, using gravity to carry water from a source to a location-usually a city-that needed it. The Romans built many of these in a period of substantial urbanization.
Abbasid Dynasty → Muslim dynasty after Ummayd, a dynasty that lasted about two centuries that had about 150 years of Persia conquer and was created by Mohammad's youngest uncle's sons
1571 → Date: German Unification (Hint: 1__1)
Hajj → The pilgrimage to Mecca required to take by Muslims