5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Tao-te Ching
- Khubilai Khan
- a Date: 1st Palestinian Intifada (Hint: 1__7)
- b the central text of Daoism.
- c During the nineteenth century, migrants were relocating towards cities. This process is called _______.
- d Reigned in China after establishing the Yuan Dynasty; he actively promoted Buddhism; descendant of Chinggis Khan.
- e The process by which fertile land becomes desert,typically as a result of drought, deforestation, or agriculture.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Archduke of Austria-Hungary assassinated by a Serbian nationalist. A major catalyst for WWI.
- A decentralized Chinese dynasty in China because of the massive size, and whose emperor was the first to claim to be a link between heaven and earth. Iron metallurgy increased in this dynasty.
- beautiful mausoleum at Agra built by the Mogul emperor Shah Jahan (completed in 1649) in memory of his favorite wife
- A dispute over control of the waterway between Iraq and Iran broke out into open fighting in 1980 and continued until 1988, when they accepted a UN cease-fire resolution.
- In the DBQ essay, you need at least 2-3 of these, which allow you to answer the question by analyzing comparisons between documents.
5 True/False questions
Ming → Yugoslav statesman who led the resistance to German occupation during World War II and established a communist state after the war
Proxy war → Some people call the later part of the Neolithic Age the ______ Age because of the advancements in metalurgy and tools.
1931 → Date: independence & partition of India
Artha-sastra → characterized inter-state relations in ancient India
A small, highly maneuverable three-masted ship used by the Portuguese and Spanish in the exploration of the Atlantic.