5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Juan Peron
- Babylonian Empire
- Great Zimbabwe
- a President of Argentina (1946-1955, 1973-1974). As a military officer, he championed the rights of labor. Aided by his wife Eva Duarte Peron, he was elected president in 1946. He built up Argentinean industry, became very popular among the urban poor.
- b In the 16th century, warfare between states/groups in _______ for the purposes of capturing new slaves to be taken to the Atlantic market increased dramatically.
Empire in Mesopotamia which was formed by Hammurabi, the sixth ruler of the invading Amorites
- d The term for all Muslims as a community.
- e City, now in ruins (in the modern African country of Zimbabwe), whose many stone structures were built between about 1250 and 1450, when it was a trading center and the capital of a large state.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Scientific developments in ________ since 1900 have led to the elimination of the problem of geographic distance through innovations such as automobiles, jets, and subways.
- Remission of sins granted to people by the Catholic church, such as for money
- Concept of government developed during rise of nation-states in Western Europe during the 17th century; featured monarchs who passed laws without parliaments, appointed professionalized armies and bureaucracies, established state churches, and imposed state economic policies.
- The theory developed in early modern England and spread elsewhere that royal power should be subject to legal and legislative checks.
- a period of human culture between the Stone Age and the Iron Age, characterized by the use of weapons and implements made of bronze
5 True/False questions
League of Nations → An organization of workers in a particular industry or trade, created to defend the interests of members through strikes or negotiations with employers.
Guerrilla → a member of a band of irregular soldiers that uses guerrilla warfare, harassing the enemy by surprise raids, sabotaging communication and supply lines, etc.
Citizenship → A limited form of _______ was awarded to allies and new territories of the Roman Empire as a form of control, foreign policy, and recruitment.
Bureaucracy → Industrial societies such as in Britain, France, and the US produced a lot of criticism, so some governments were forced to respond with reforms such as free public education and expanded ________ for all men.
cuneiform → Member of a prominent family of the Mongols' Jagadai Khanate, Timur through conquest gained control over much of Central Asia and Iran. He consolidated the status of Sunni Islam as orthodox, and his descendants, the Timurids, maintained his empire.