5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Scientific Revolution
- Fourteen Points
- Italian Renaissance
- a the era of scientific thought in europe during which careful observation of the natural world was made, and accepted beliefs were questioned
- b The term used by Spanish authorities to describe someone of mixed native American and European descent.
- c The war aims outlined by President Wilson in 1918, which he believed would promote lasting peace; called for self-determination, freedom of the seas, free trade, end to secret agreements, reduction of arms and a league of nations.
- d French revolutionary group formed mainly by middle classes who opposed more radical
A period of intense artistic and intellectual activity, said to be a 'rebirth' of Greco-Roman culture. From roughly the mid-fourteenth to mid-fifteenth century followed by this movement spreading into the Northern Europe during 1400-1600
5 Multiple choice questions
- A set of reforms in the Ottoman Empire set to revise Ottoman law to help lift the capitulations put on the Ottomans by European powers.
- Swiss theologian (born in France) whose tenets (predestination and the irresistibility of grace and justification by faith) defined Calvinism (1509-1564).
Indian Muslim politician who founded the state of Pakistan. A lawyer by training, he joined the All-India Muslim League in 1913. As leader of the League from the 1920s on, he negotiated with the British/INC for Muslim Political Rights
- The unification of opposing people, ideas, or practices
Common name for the Cold War strategy of containment versus the Soviet Union and the expansion of communism. This doctrine was first asserted by President Truman in 1947.
5 True/False questions
Scientific Revolution → period in the 16th and 17th centuries where many thinkers rejected doctrines of the past dealing with the natural world in favor of new scientific ideas.
Sunni Islam →
a worldwide Jewish movement starting in the 1800s that resulted in the establishment and development of the state of Israel in 1948.
Crystal Palace → German physicist who developed quantum theory and was awarded the Nobel Prize for physics in 1918.
Uigurs → A new technology discovered in the stone age used for protection against cold and predators and was a major develop on the path toward other future technologies such as metallurgy.
Richard Arkwright → English inventor and entrepreneur who became the wealthiest and most successful textile manufacturer of the first Industrial Revolution. He invented the water frame, a machine that, with minimal human supervision, could spin several threads at once.