5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 1st deportation to Babylon
- Mount cermel
- Day of Yahweh
- a appearances in 1-2 Samuel reflect her confinement as a woman caught in the fierce struggle over the kingship between her father, Saul, and her husband, David
- b was apparently one of the favorite places of Elijah, one of the major Prophets of God
- c a day of final judgment
- d present-day Salim and 2 km east of present-day Nablus) was a Canaanite city mentioned in the Amarna letters, and later became an Israelite city in the tribe of Manasseh
- e exile typically refers to the deportation and exile of the Jews of the ancient Kingdom of Judah to Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar II in 586 BC, in fact the exile started with the first deportation in 597 BC.
5 Multiple choice questions
- is when the Book of Joshua states that the Israelites first encamped there after having crossed the Jordan River. In the narrative, after setting up camp, Joshua orders the Israelites to take twelve stones from the river, one for each tribe, and place them there in memory.
- First son of Joseph by his Egyptian wife, Asenath, and eponymous ancestor of one of the 12 tribes of Israel,received land on both sides of the Jordan River.
- according to the Books of Samuel, the name of a priest of Shiloh, and one of the last Israelite Judges before the rule of kings in ancient Israel.abruptly appears when Hannah, who is childless, prays to God for a child.
- is talk about, or the study of, the "last things" (e.g. end of the world, heaven, hell, judgment).
- iterally means "anointed (one)". This refers to being anointed with the Holy anointing oil as described in Exodus.
5 True/False questions
Uriah → warns the people of Israel to turn back to YHWH.
Jehoiakim (609-598) → last king of Judah before the destruction of the kingdom by Babylon. He was the third son of Josiah, and his mother was Hamutal,but when Nebuchadnezzar II placed him on the throne as the successor to Jehoiachin, he changed his name to_____________
Elisha → a prophet of the Hebrew bible,was the son of Shaphat of Abel-meholah; he became the attendant and disciple of Elijah
David → was twice the daughter-in-law of Judah, as well as the mother of two of his children - the twins Zerah and Pharez was also raped by hr brother
anointing → smearing a substance