5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The _______ is the local law enforcement official responsible for serving court papers, maintaining security within courtrooms, and running the county jail.
- ___ ____ is the nation's largest law enforcement agency, with about 38,000 sworn officers.
- The state of _____________ was the first to centralize its state police force.
- A neighborhood resource officer asks residents to clean up litter, remove graffiti, and install better lighting in a nearby park that is known for extensive drug dealing. Such a request is characteristic of _________ type of policing.
- If state troopers were instructed to write a ticket for any motorist going 1 mph over the speed limit, one could argue that this department was operating under ________ style of policing.
- a new york
- b legalistic
- c pennsylvania
- d Sheriff
- e problem-solving
5 Multiple choice questions
5 True/False questions
_______ is the acronym that describes Chicago's comprehensive community-based policing program. → CAPS
According to a recent Bureau of Justice Statistics study, _____ percentage of local police departments had full-time officers engaged in some form of community policing. → crime
The Law Enforcement Assistance Administration was established in the year ____. → 1969
___________ policing is a police strategy that emphasizes an increased capacity to deal with crimes that are not well controlled by traditional methods. → team
______________ policing is best characterized by providing service to citizens. → Community