5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The adaptive immune system involves three major cell types: antigen-presenting cells, T cells, which constitute ____ immunity, and B cells, which govern ____ immunity.
- Select the correct statement about the function of antibodies.
- _______ are lymphocytes that coordinate cellular and humoral immune responses.
- ________ is a dangerous condition where the cytokines are released unchecked, making the capillaries very leaky and thus depleting blood fluids.
- Pure antibody preparations specific for a single antigenic determinant are called ________ antibodies.
- a cell-mediated; humoral
- b T helper cells
- c monoclonal
- d Complement fixation is the main mechanism by which antibodies provide protection.
- e Septic shock or Sepsis
5 Multiple choice questions
- producing progeny cells that include plasma cells and memory cells
- She is suffering from Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
5 True/False questions
When antibodies develop against a person's own cells, this is an example of a(n) _____. → autoimmune disease
The antibody that becomes bound to mast cells and basophils and causes the cells to release histamine and other chemicals is ________. → IgE
Of the following classes of antibodies, which can cross the placenta? → helper T cell
Which of the following does NOT describe the adaptive immune response? → disposes of cellular debris and pathogens;
sets the stage for repair processes;
prevents the spread of the injurious agent to nearby tissue;
REPLACES INJURED TISSUES WITH CONNECTIVE TISSUE
________ determine(s) what specific foreign substances our adaptive immune system will be able to recognize and resist. → Our genes