5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which defense mechanism results in redness, heat, pain, and swelling?
- Select the correct statement about the prevention of immune attack on "self."
- ________ is the most common type of immediate hypersensitivity.
- T OR F: A transfusion reaction is a subacute hypersensitivity to foreign red blood cells.
- Which of the following types of cells display protein fragments produced by the cancer within them?
- a Tolerance is developed during fetal life.
- b Allergy
- c Inflammation
- d all nucleated cells
- e TRUE
5 Multiple choice questions
- AIDS: T helper cells are destroyed by a virus;
Severe combined immunodeficiency syndrome (SCID): genetic defect resulting in a shortage of B and/or T cells;
Multiple sclerosis: autoimmune disorder;
IMMEDIATE HYPERSENSITIVITY: ALLERGIC CONTACT DERMATITIS
- allergic contact dermatitis
- results in the formation of plasma cells
5 True/False questions
________ determine(s) what specific foreign substances our adaptive immune system will be able to recognize and resist. → Our genes
_______ are lymphocytes that coordinate cellular and humoral immune responses. → T helper cells
Which of the following materials or compounds would be the most highly immunogenic? → opsonization
T OR F: Cellular ingestion and destruction of particulate matter is called phagocytosis. → TRUE
Delayed hypersensitivities ________. → include allergic contact dermatitis