5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- T OR F: Substances capable of triggering the adaptive immune system and provoking an immune response are called antigens.
- ________ predominate at the sites of chronic infections.
- What occurs if a T cell binds to an antigen and the T cell does not receive a co-stimulatory signal?
- Cancer cells and virus-infected body cells can be killed before activation of adaptive immunity by
- T cells achieve self-tolerance in the _______.
- a TRUE
- b The T cell enters a state of anergy.
- c Macrophages
- d natural killer cells
- e thymus
5 Multiple choice questions
- allergic contact dermatitis
- protects cells that have not yet been infected by viruses
5 True/False questions
Small molecules that bind with self-proteins to produce antigenic substances are called ________. → haptens
Innate immune system defenses include ________. → can kill cancer cells before the immune system is activated
Select the correct statement about complement. → An adaptive immune mechanism is often involved in directing complement to its target.
Which of the following is true of immediate hypersensitivities? → IFNs help the body combat viral infections.
T OR F: Monoclonal antibodies can be specific for several antigenic determinants. → It is specific;
IT OCCURS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE BODY IS CHALLENGED BY FOREIGN MATERIAL;
It is systemic;
It has memory.