5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Interferons ________.
- Which of the following is a part of the second line of defense against microorganisms?
- Which of the following does not respond to cell-mediated immunity?
- In which class of molecules are antibodies classified?
- T OR F: Fever is seldom beneficial because it speeds up the cellular metabolic rate and will not allow antigen-antibody reactions to occur.
- a Proteins
- b PATHOGENS IN THE CNS;
intracellular pathogens that reside within host cells;
foreign tissue transplants;
some cancer cells
- c FALSE
- d phagocytes
- e interfere with viral replication within cells
5 Multiple choice questions
- T cytotoxic cells
- composed of heavy and light polypeptide chains
- Neutrophils; monocytes
5 True/False questions
Which of the following is true of immediate hypersensitivities? → They involve IgE antibodies and the release of histamine from mast cells and basophils.
T OR F: The mechanism of the "lethal hit" of cytotoxic T cells and NK cells involves a protein called perforin. → regulatory;
B lymphocytes develop immunocompetence in the ________. → mainly neutrophil and macrophage migration into inflamed areas
Class II MHC proteins are found on which of the following cell types? → CD8
Why does nursing care of a patient with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) include monitoring of T lymphocyte counts? → A decrease in the number of T cells would make the patient more susceptible to infection and unusual cancers.