5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Graft rejection may be caused by ________.
- What mobilizes the adaptive defenses and provokes an immune response?
- In order for some phagocytes to destroy certain pathogens they have ingested (like tuberculosis), _____ must be deployed.
- Which of the following is not a type of T cell?
- ______ become antigenic if they attach themselves to larger proteins.
- a using a xenograft
- b the respiratory burst
- c antigens
- d regulatory;
- e Haptens
5 Multiple choice questions
lysozyme in tears;
5 True/False questions
Select the correct statement about active and passive immunity. → One antigen may have many different antigenic determinants and may therefore cause the formation of more than one antibody.
The adaptive immune system involves three major cell types: antigen-presenting cells, T cells, which constitute ____ immunity, and B cells, which govern ____ immunity. → interferon
Why does nursing care of a patient with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) include monitoring of T lymphocyte counts? → TRUE
T OR F: A transfusion reaction is a subacute hypersensitivity to foreign red blood cells. → TRUE
The only T cells that can directly attack and kill other cells are the ________. → producing progeny cells that include plasma cells and memory cells