5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Proinflammatory signals include all of the following except:
- T OR F: Soluble proteins secreted by plasma cells are called antibodies.
- Cellular immunity is attributed to the action of:
- ________ is the most abundant class of antibodies in plasma.
- Which of the following statements regarding NK cells is a false or incorrect statement?
- a leukotrienes;
- b TRUE
- c T cells
- d NK cells are present in the blood, spleen, lymph nodes, and red bone marrow;
NK cells attack cancer cells and virus-infected body cells;
NK cells attack cells that display abnormal MHC antigens;
NK CELLS ARE A TYPE OF NEUTROPHIL.
- e IgG
5 Multiple choice questions
- cytotoxic cells
5 True/False questions
Which of the following is a part of the second line of defense against microorganisms? → IFNs help the body combat viral infections.
What mobilizes the adaptive defenses and provokes an immune response? → It is specific;
IT OCCURS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE BODY IS CHALLENGED BY FOREIGN MATERIAL;
It is systemic;
It has memory.
In order for some phagocytes to destroy certain pathogens they have ingested (like tuberculosis), _____ must be deployed. → producing progeny cells that include plasma cells and memory cells
A patient has contracted the hepatitis C virus. Which of the following drug therapies might be affective? → Interferon
Which is mismatched? → interfere with viral replication within cells