5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ________ cells are the only T lymphocytes that can directly attack and kill other cells.
- Antibody functions include all of the following except ________.
- Which of the following does NOT describe the adaptive immune response?
- T OR F: Somatic recombination by B cells allows each B cell to form its own unique antibody genes.
- Which of the following is not an autoimmune disease?
- a CROSS-LINKING CELL-BOUND ANTIGENS ON RED BLOOD CELLS WHEN BLOOD TYPES ARE PROPERLY MATCHED;
targeting foreign cells so that complement proteins can cause cellular lysis;
binding and inactivating chemical toxins released by bacteria or other microorganisms;
linking soluble antigens together so that they fall out of solution
- b Cytotoxic T cells
- c TRUE
- d It is specific;
IT OCCURS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE BODY IS CHALLENGED BY FOREIGN MATERIAL;
It is systemic;
It has memory.
- e TYPE II DIABETES;
systemic lupus erythematosus;
5 Multiple choice questions
- using a xenograft
- cytotoxic cells
5 True/False questions
Select the correct statement about active and passive immunity. → Active and passive humoral immunity are both mechanisms of adaptive immunity that use antibodies.
Which of the following is an effect of complement activation? → They involve IgE antibodies and the release of histamine from mast cells and basophils.
T OR F: It is our genes, not antigens, that determine what specific foreign substances our immune system will be able to recognize and resist. → TRUE
Which of the following is not a mechanism for the development of autoimmune disorders? → A SECOND EXPOSURE TO AN ALLERGEN;
Mutation followed by the appearance of membrane proteins not previously present;
Exposure of previously "hidden" self-antigens to the adaptive immune system;
Cross-reaction of antibodies formed against foreign antigens with self-antigens
Complement proteins and antibodies coat a microorganism and provide binding sites, enabling macrophages and neutrophils to phagocytize the organism. This phenomenon is termed ________. → Active and passive humoral immunity are both mechanisms of adaptive immunity that use antibodies.