Upgrade to remove ads
NATIONALS REVIEW ii (51-100)
Terms in this set (50)
51. Digoxin is a member of which of the following classes of drugs?
b. cardiac glycosides
52. Patients with opiod allergies should avoid taking:
53. A person who cannot tolerate non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication for dental pain may take:
54. A liquid contains 0.25 mg/ml of a substance. How much of the substance will 3.5 L contain?
c. 875 mg
55. According to the federal law, prescription orders for controlled drugs (Schedule II-IV) must contain all of the following, EXCEPT:
a. physcian's telephone number
56. Of the following, which document would provide the most complete information for a pharmacy technician wishing to verify how to inventory and record a shipment of pharmaceutical products?
a. the pharmacy's policy/procedure manual
57. According to DEA regulations, when Schedule II substances are received, which of the following items of information must be recorded on DEA Form 222?
b. date of receipt and number of items received
58. The concentration of 0.1% expressed as ratio strength is
59. The two basic parts of a needle are the:
a. shaft and hub
60. Meperidine is a/an:
61. Which of the following nonprescription analgesics would be the safest choice for a patient taking warfarin (Coumadin)?
a. acetaminophen (Tylenol)
62. Cleocin T 1% should be stored in the:
d. topical section
63. A patient started using the following medications 2 weeks ago: Maxidex Ophthalmic Suspension I drop ou tid
Metamucil 1 packet bid with 8 oz juice
Claritin-D 24 hour I qd
Vancenase AQ ii puffs to each nostril bid
The patient reports experiencing heart palpitations. Which medication is most likely responsible for the patient's complaint?
b. pseudophedrine/loratidine (Claritin D 24hr)
64. Filgrastim is available under which of the following trade name?
65. An IV infusion order is received for aminophylline 500 mg of ½ L D5W, to be infused at 1 mg/kg/hr. The patient weighs 154 lb. What will the flow rate be in ml/min?
a. 1.2 ml/min
66. Which of the following dosage forms best masks the unpleasant taste of drug?
a. gelatin capsule
67. According to the federal Controlled Substance Act, a prescription for Tylenol No.3 would be filed in which schedule?
b. schedule II
Nosomial infection is:
b. hospital acquired infection
69. Corticosteroid therapy is characterized by:
b. suppression of the body's production of cortisol
70. Which of the following medications would interfere with the action of tetracycline?
d. aluminum and magnesium hydroxide
71. If a bottle breaks, a spill kit should be used if the bottle contained which of the following?
72. A prescription order specifies potassium chloride 15 mEq po bid. What volume of KCl elixir containing 40 mEq/30 ml will be required to deliver a single dose?
b. 11.25 ml
73. If 125 tablets contain 260 mg of a substance, how many grains would 500 tablets contain?
b. 16 grains
74. Which of the following is a decongestant?
75. Which of the following antibiotics should be avoided in patients allergic to cefaclor (Ceclor)?
b. cephalexin (Keflex)
76. Which of the following describes a drug administration method that achieves controlled release of the product using flat unit applied to the skin?
77. The metric equivalent of a 1grain dose of Phenobarbital is:
b. 65 mg
78. If 1 kg of an ointment contains 250 g of salicylic acid, what is the percentage strength of the ointment?
79. The second field of number in the NDC identifies the:
d. drug description
80. A patient is to be administered a drug that has a recommended dosage of 0.5 mg/kg of body weight. The patient is an infant weighing 15 lb. The amount of the drug the patient is to receive is:
c. 3.4 mg
81. How much neomycin powder must be added to fluocinolone cream to dispense an order for 60 g of fluocinolone cream with 0.5% neomycin?
82. The physiological process of distribution is the means by which a drug:
c. is transported throughout the body
83. A patient has the following medication profile:
Drug Dosage Route Frequency Start Date
Sucralfate 1 mg po qid 03/14/99
Cephalexin 500 mg po qid 03/15/99
Warfarin 5 mg po qod 03/15/99
Warfarin 2.5 mg po qod 03/16/99
Tetracycline 250 mg po qid 03/16/99
Aspirin 325 mg po q6h prn 03/16/99
Which of the following drug combinations should be brought to the attention of the prescribing physican?
b. warfarin and aspirin
84. Patients taking naproxen for an inflammation should be advised by the pharmacist to use which drug for a simple headache?
85. Following the preparation of an antineoplastic IV admixture, the needle and syringe should be:
b. disposed of in an approved container without recapping or clipping
86. If an insurance company will pay for a 21-day supply only and the prescription reads "i-ii q4-6h," what is the maximum number of units that can be dispensed?
87. Drug diversion is:
c. illegal use and sale of prohibited drugs
88. What volume of Maalox would be dispensed to administer a dose of 1 ½ oz?
89. Selenium Sulfide is an active ingredient effective in the treatment of:
90. Upon noting that a medication has reached its expiration date, the pharmacy technician should:
b. proceed according to the pharmacy's return policy
91. A cash discount of $110 on a pharmacy invoice for $5500 represents a percentage cash discount of:
92. A 20 ml dose of a mixture prescribed for pain relief contains 10 mg morphine, 10 mg codeine, 5 ml alcohol, 5 ml cherry syrup, qs with water. How many 30 mg morphine sulfate tablets are needed to prepare 480 ml of this solution?
b. 8 tablets
93. 3-in-1 TPN means:
b. All three solutions of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats are in one TPN bag
94. Augmentin contains:
amoxicillin/clavulanate and amoxicillin/clavulanic acid
95. Which of the following antibiotics would cause crystalluria in highly concentrated urine?
96. Generic for Antabuse:
97. An order is received for Alternagel 30 cc po q4h, ranitidine 150 mg po bid, enteric coated aspirin 325 mg po qd, and tetracycline 250 mg po q6h. What possible problem is noticeable?
a. The antacid should not be given with tetracycline
98. The cost sharing plan in which patients pay a specified dollar amount for every prescription received is known as:
99. When use of or exposure to a product will cause serious adverse health consequences or death, its recall is designated:
a. class I
100. Which of the following is a schedule III controlled substance under federal law?
b. acetaminophen w/ codeine
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Mosby Practice Exam 1
Pharm. Practice Q's
Practice Exam 3
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
NATIONALS REVIEW iii (51-99)
NATIONALS REVIEW iii (1-50)
NATIONALS REVIEW ii (1-50)
NATIONALS REVEW i (101-125)