Growing Your Vocabulary — Book A, Chapter 12
Terms in this set (14)
a root that means "book"
1. a collection of a religion's sacred writings.
2. a book that gives special or specific information
a list of the books, articles, websites, and other sources used in a written work
a root that means "to read"
able to be read; able to be understood
1. a speech read to an audience or class
2. to give a speech to an audience or class
3. a long scolding
a root that means "word"
a word that names an action or a state of being
a popular saying about a familiar idea or truth
a root that means "word" or "study"
an introduction to a play, novel, or other piece of writing
1. the talking that goes on between two or more people.
2. the words characters use in a play or novel
a way of thinking or reasoning
the science that studies the history and structure of the earth or how things change over time