Growing Your Vocabulary — Book A, Chapter 16
Terms in this set (14)
a root that means "first"
1. highest in importance or rank
2. first in time or first in order
2. top-rated in quality or value
3. to prepare for
a root that means "second"
coming after the first in place, time, or value
1. of less importance than something else
2. in second place or position
a root that means "fourth"
a unit of volume equal to one-fourth of a gallon
one-fourth of something, usually a dollar, or 25 cents
1. a group of four singers or musicians
2. a piece of music written for four instruments
a root that means "eighth"
a series or group of eight musical notes
a shape with eight sides and eight angles
the tenth month of the year