Growing Your Vocabulary — Book A, Chapter 19
Terms in this set (12)
a root that means "head"
a suffix that means "having characteristics of"
1. a center of government for a state or a country
2. money used to start a business or keep a business operating
to cut off the head of a person or thing
1. the officer in charge of a ship, airplane, or spaceship
2. an official in a police force, fire department, or the military
a root that means "eye"
1. having to do with the eyes
2. the lens closest to your eye in a telescope or binoculars
something with two sets of lenses that is used to see things that are far away
a root that means "hand"
1. done by hand
2. involving or using human work or effort
to make something by hand or machine
a book or document written by hand or typed