Growing Your Vocabulary — Book B, Chapter 2
Terms in this set (13)
a root that means "mother"
1. related to mothers or motherhood
2. kind and protective, like a mother
a respected female who is the head of a family, clan, or tribe
a root that means "father"
the act or state of being a father
a respected male who is the head of a family, clan, or tribe
a suffix that means "action typical of"
devotion, loyalty, support, and love toward your country
1. a person who supports or gives money to an activity or cause
2. a regular customer at a store, business, or restaurant
a root that means "brother"
1. a group of people with similar interests or jobs
2. feelings of friendship and support among people
brotherly, relating to brothers, or relating to fraternities