Growing Your Vocabulary — Book B, Chapter 8
Terms in this set (18)
a root that means "strength and power"
1. always moving or changing
2. full of power or energy
a series of rulers from the same family
a mixture of chemicals that explodes when lit
a root that means "master"
to have power or control over something
a prefix that means "before"
1. most common or frequent
2. having great strength or influence
1. a unit within a group of houses or apartments
2. the building that contains the houses or apartments
a root that means "to rule"
1. following a rule, pattern, or order
2. normal or happening at established intervals
1. unusual; happening out of order
2. something that does not happen often
a root that means "to conquer" or "to overcome"
to cause someone to believe what you say
a suffix that means "able to be"
unable to be hurt or defeated
a success or win over an enemy or an opponent