5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- birth defect
- natural childbirth
- genetic counselor
- a The hollow sphere of cells formed during the germinal stage in preparation for implantation.
- b The process in which a blastocyst becomes embedded in the uterine wall.
- c ...
- d A physical or neurological problem that occurs prenatally or at birth.
- e A professional who counsels parents-to-be about their own or their children's risk of developing genetic disorders, as well as about available treatments.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An illness that a child gets by inheriting one copy of the abnormal gene that causes the disorder.
- Chemical substances released in the bloodstream that target and change organs and tissues.
- One of a pair of slim pipe-like structures that connect the ovaries with the uterus.
- A pregnant woman's first feeling of the fetus moving inside her body.
- Male organs that manufacture sperm.
5 True/False questions
chorionic villus sampling → A relatively risky first-trimester pregnancy test for fetal genetic information.
neonatal → ...
chromosome → A threadlike strand of DNA located in the nucleus of every cell that carries the genes, which transmit hereditary information.
genetic testing → A professional who counsels parents-to-be about their own or their children's risk of developing genetic disorders, as well as about available treatments.
miscarriage → The naturally occurring loss of a pregnancy and death of the fetus.