5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- age of viability
- developmental disorders
- a Learning impairments and behavioral problems during infancy and childhood.
- b The process in which a blastocyst becomes embedded in the uterine wall.
- c The earliest point at which a baby can survive outside the womb.
- d The structure projecting from the wall of the uterus during pregnancy through which the developing baby absorbs nutrients.
- e The neck, or narrow lower portion, of the uterus.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A substance that crosses the placenta and harms the fetus.
- An illness caused by a single gene.
- The developmental principle that growth occurs in a sequence from head to toe.
5 True/False questions
gestation → The moment during a woman's monthly cycle when an ovum is expelled from the ovary.
sex-linked single gene disorder → An illness, carried on the mother's X chromosome, that typically leaves the female offspring unaffected but has a fifty-fifty chance of striking each male child.
miscarriage → ...
gene → The material that makes up genes, which bear our hereditary characteristics.
trimester → One of the 3 month long segments into which pregnancy is divided.