5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cephalocaudal sequence
- sex-linked single gene disorder
- genetic testing
- genetic counselor
- a The naturally occurring loss of a pregnancy and death of the fetus.
- b The developmental principle that growth occurs in a sequence from head to toe.
- c A professional who counsels parents-to-be about their own or their children's risk of developing genetic disorders, as well as about available treatments.
- d A blood test to determine whether a person carries the gene for a given genetic disorder.
- e An illness, carried on the mother's X chromosome, that typically leaves the female offspring unaffected but has a fifty-fifty chance of striking each male child.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The developmental principle that large structures (and movements) precede increasingly detailed refinements.
- An egg cell containing the genetic material contributed by the mother to the baby.
- An illness that a child gets by inheriting one copy of the abnormal gene that causes the disorder.
- The structure projecting from the wall of the uterus during pregnancy through which the developing baby absorbs nutrients.
5 True/False questions
recessive disorder → An illness that a child gets by inheriting two copies of the abnormal gene that causes the disorder.
cesarean section → The period of pregnancy.
assisted reproductive technology → ...
embryonic stage → The first 14 days of prenatal development, from fertizliation to full implantation.
very low birth weight → A physical or neurological problem that occurs prenatally or at birth.