5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- amniotic sac
- in vitro fertilization
- a One of the 3 month long segments into which pregnancy is divided.
- b ...
- c The structure projecting from the wall of the uterus during pregnancy through which the developing baby absorbs nutrients.
- d A bag-shaped, fluid filled membrane that contains and insulates the fetus.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A physical or neurological problem that occurs prenatally or at birth.
- The earliest point at which a baby can survive outside the womb.
- The period of pregnancy.
- Learning impairments and behavioral problems during infancy and childhood.
- The hollow sphere of cells formed during the germinal stage in preparation for implantation.
5 True/False questions
fetal stage → The first 14 days of prenatal development, from fertizliation to full implantation.
umbillical cord → A bag-shaped, fluid filled membrane that contains and insulates the fetus.
gene → The material that makes up genes, which bear our hereditary characteristics.
Down syndrome → The most common chromosomal abnormality, causing mental retardation, susceptibility to heart disease, and other health problems; and distinctive physical characteristics, such as slanted eyes and stocky build.
DNA → The material that makes up genes, which bear our hereditary characteristics.