5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- proximodistal sequence
- very low birth weight
- a A segment of DNA that contains a chemical blueprint for manufacturing a particular protein.
- b One of a pair of almond-shaped organs that contain a woman's ova, or eggs.
- c The developmental principle that growth occurs from the most interior parts of the body outward.
- d The structure projecting from the wall of the uterus during pregnancy through which the developing baby absorbs nutrients.
- e ...
5 Multiple choice questions
- The pear-shaped muscular organ in a woman's abdomen that houses the developing baby.
- A physical or neurological problem that occurs prenatally or at birth.
- The structure that attaches the placenta to the fetus, through which nutrients are passed and fetal wastes are removed.
- The naturally occurring loss of a pregnancy and death of the fetus.
- The time when a body structure is most vulnerable to damage by a teratogen, typically when that organ or process is rapidly developing or coming "on line."
5 True/False questions
amniotic sac → The second stage of prenatal development, lasting from week 3 through week 8.
cervix → A segment of DNA that contains a chemical blueprint for manufacturing a particular protein.
infertility → The union of sperm and egg.
gestation → The period of pregnancy.
low birth weight → ...