5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- age of viability
- germinal stage
- genetic testing
- a The process in which a blastocyst becomes embedded in the uterine wall.
- b A blood test to determine whether a person carries the gene for a given genetic disorder.
- c The first 14 days of prenatal development, from fertizliation to full implantation.
- d The earliest point at which a baby can survive outside the womb.
- e The period of pregnancy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A physical or neurological problem that occurs prenatally or at birth.
- One of a pair of slim pipe-like structures that connect the ovaries with the uterus.
- A threadlike strand of DNA located in the nucleus of every cell that carries the genes, which transmit hereditary information.
- A substance that crosses the placenta and harms the fetus.
5 True/False questions
embryonic stage → The second stage of prenatal development, lasting from week 3 through week 8.
infertility → ...
zygote → A segment of DNA that contains a chemical blueprint for manufacturing a particular protein.
blastocyst → The hollow sphere of cells formed during the germinal stage in preparation for implantation.
proximodistal sequence → The developmental principle that large structures (and movements) precede increasingly detailed refinements.