5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- proximodistal sequence
- fetal alcohol syndrome
- birth defect
- a A substance that crosses the placenta and harms the fetus.
- b A cluster of birth defects caused by the mother's alcohol consumption during pregnancy.
- c The developmental principle that growth occurs from the most interior parts of the body outward.
- d A physical or neurological problem that occurs prenatally or at birth.
- e The material that makes up genes, which bear our hereditary characteristics.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The hollow sphere of cells formed during the germinal stage in preparation for implantation.
- A second trimester procedure that involves inserting a sy
- The first 14 days of prenatal development, from fertizliation to full implantation.
- The structure projecting from the wall of the uterus during pregnancy through which the developing baby absorbs nutrients.
5 True/False questions
genetic counselor → A blood test to determine whether a person carries the gene for a given genetic disorder.
testes → A segment of DNA that contains a chemical blueprint for manufacturing a particular protein.
fetal stage → A cylindrical structure that forms along the back of the embryo and develops into the brain and spinal cord.
zygote → A segment of DNA that contains a chemical blueprint for manufacturing a particular protein.
amniotic sac → A second trimester procedure that involves inserting a sy