5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was Vestia?
- In 70 A.D. what happens that causes the Second Temple to be destroyed?
- How many teams were in the Circus Maximus?
- Who were Zealots?
- What is strigiling?
- a The Jews revolt
- b Using curved metal tools and oil to wipe away dirt and grime.
- c Rebellious Jews who believed that Judaism would be weakened by outside influences and therefore supported rebellion against Rome to establish their own independent state
- d 4
- e Guardian of fire, home, and the hearth
5 Multiple choice questions
- Barry Denenberg
- Food, wine, etc.
- The dolphins and eggshells and statues because the Romans liked to mix beauty with excellence in construction
- Lucius is loyal (protects the Emperor by trying to unmask the conspiracy plot), ethical (instead of making more money by taking the Senate job he decides to help out his friend by quitting politics to listen to conspiracies), and trustworthy (Emperor relies on him to quietly gather information about the people who are forming a conspiracy to kill him)
5 True/False questions
The ______ claimed to be supreme over the other patriarchs. → pope
By the 600's the Jews are a__people. → conquered
What were the Jewish religious beliefs? → Jews were monotheistic and believed in one god. In addition they believed in a Messiah, or savior, to lead them to freedom
Where was the Colosseum built? → On top of where Nero's Golden Palace had been. It was built in middle of Rome and adjacent to forum.
What two ways does Jesus attract crowds? → Worshiping the Emperor