5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Steps in building a road:
- Who made Christianity the official religion of the empire?
- Name the three visions that Aristide had.
- Who was worshiped as a divine monarch?
- In AD 312, the Roman emperor _________ declared his support for Christianity.
- a Eclipse of moon, eagle being released, and dark storm over half of Rome.
- b Emperor
- c Constantine
- d Survey the site, excavate to bedrock, layer with ingredients, pave with cement
- e Theodosius
5 Multiple choice questions
- Palestine is the Greek word for Philistines, the people who had lived in Judea before the Jews came
- Use of an arch and concrete
- Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Together they are all known as the New Testament
- Jews are banned from Jerusalem and Judea is renamed to Palestine
- Reinforced monotheism and 10 commandments; love god above all else; love others as yourself; forgiveness for wrong doing; heavenly reward (hope)
5 True/False questions
Who were Zealots? → Rebellious Jews who believed that Judaism would be weakened by outside influences and therefore supported rebellion against Rome to establish their own independent state
What would a citizen first do upon entering the Baths? → They would cool down in a very cold room where they were refreshed and their pores were closed.
Was there an awning over the Colosseum? → Gladiator games, mock sea battles, executions, etc.
By the 600's the Jews are a__people. → conquered
What was the job of the Pope? → Headed church in each city