5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How did Christianity spread throughout the years? (MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION!)
- In AD 135, the Roman army, under the emperor _________, brutally pout down the last Jewish revolt.
- Name three names of the country that Jerusalem is in that were discussed in class.
- Who did the actual construction of the roads?
- Who were Rabbis?
- a The army would (It kept them disciplined while getting work done)
- b It accepts everyone (no fees for sacrifices); promised hope and freedom from penalties of wrongdoing; all classes converted as conditions in Rome worsened; people were curious about beliefs (saw Martyrs); Emperors (Theodosius and Constantine); organized church
- c Province of Judea, Palestine, Israel
- d Hadrian
- e Jewish scholars who interpreted scripture and were learned in Jewish law
5 Multiple choice questions
- Conducted local services and ceremonies
- False: Lady Claudius is part of it
- Jews were monotheistic and believed in one god. In addition they believed in a Messiah, or savior, to lead them to freedom
- They would use strigiling to clean themselves after their vigorous workout.
- The Pope would make a decision, tell the Patriarchs, who in turn would tell the bishops who told the priests. Through this a prayer that was being done in Rome would be the same as a prayer being done in Alexandria.
5 True/False questions
What does "Pope" mean in Latin? → They socialized, were entertained, and ate.
Where would Romans worship? → At home every day in front of an alter
Which emperor bans the Olympic Games? → Theodosius
Why did the Romans have so many gods? → They used the gods to represent the aspects of nature that they did not understand
What is the central event of Christianity? Explain why. → They socialized, were entertained, and ate.