Conjunctivitis, Dacyrocysitis, Preseptal (Periorbital) Cellulitis, Episcleritis, Episcleritis, Dry eye syndrome, Subconjunctival hemorrhage, Pinguecula, Pterygium, Hordeolum, Chalazion, Blepharitis 1. Inflammation of the tissues of the orbit
2. Pain, proptosis, swelling, edema of conjunctiva (chemosis), could have decreased visual activity
4. Spread of infection from ethmoid sinus
5. They have the same signs and symptoms, but orbital cellulitis has proptosis, edema of conjunctiva, painful when moving eye (ophthalmolegia), and decreased visual acuity. May also have systemic illness with it; they look toxic and may be febrile.
6. IV abx - Nafcillin, Ceftriaxone, AND Metro (broad spec!!!)
7. Refer, CBC with diff, CT scan of orbit