5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- aneroid barometer
- Mercury Barometer
- a Area of low pressure where wind will move towards, associated with cloudy and rainy weather and air that is rising
- b An instrument that measures changes in air pressure, consisting of a glass tube partially filled with mercury, with its open end resting in a dish of mercury. Air pressure pushing on the mercury in the dish forces the mercury in the tube to be higher.
- c an instrument that measure air pressure, An instrument that measures changes in air pressure without using a liquid. Changes in the shape of an airtight metal box cause a needle on the barometer dial to move.
- d an area in which the barometric pressure is lower than that of the surrounding air
- e a boundary between two air masses of different density, moisture, or temperature
5 Multiple choice questions
- a body of air that has about the same temperature and moisture throughout
- a line on a weather map that joins points having the same barometric pressure
- an instrument used to determine the direction that the wind is blowing
- a front where a warm air mass is caught between two colder air masses and brings cool temperatures and large amounts of rain and snow
- an area in which the barometric pressure is greater than that of the surrounding air
5 True/False questions
Convection Current → the movement of a fluid, caused by differences in temperature, that transfers heat from one part of the fluid to another
air pressure → the weight of the air above an object
Coriolis Effect → The way Earth's rotation makes winds in the Northern Hemisphere curve to the right and winds in the Southern Hemisphere curve to the left.
Cold Front → moving weather front along which a warm air mass slides over a cold air mass, producing stratiform clouds and precipitation
Jet Stream → narrow belt of strong winds that blows near the top of the troposphere across the US