5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Convection Current
- Air Mass
- air pressure
- warm front
- a a body of air that has about the same temperature and moisture throughout
- b moving weather front along which a warm air mass slides over a cold air mass, producing stratiform clouds and precipitation
- c the movement of a fluid, caused by differences in temperature, that transfers heat from one part of the fluid to another
- d the weight of the air above an object
- e Area of low pressure where wind will move towards, associated with cloudy and rainy weather and air that is rising
5 Multiple choice questions
- the resistance encountered when one body is moved in contact with another. Slows down the speed of wind when it flows over land
- forms when cold air moves under warm air which is less dense and pushes air up
- a line on a weather map that joins points having the same barometric pressure
- an instrument that measures wind speed
- The way Earth's rotation makes winds in the Northern Hemisphere curve to the right and winds in the Southern Hemisphere curve to the left.
5 True/False questions
High → an area in which the barometric pressure is lower than that of the surrounding air
pressure gradient force → An instrument that measures changes in air pressure, consisting of a glass tube partially filled with mercury, with its open end resting in a dish of mercury. Air pressure pushing on the mercury in the dish forces the mercury in the tube to be higher.
Mercury Barometer → an instrument that measure air pressure, An instrument that measures changes in air pressure without using a liquid. Changes in the shape of an airtight metal box cause a needle on the barometer dial to move.
Front → a boundary between two air masses of different density, moisture, or temperature
Wind Vain → an instrument used to determine the direction that the wind is blowing