5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Wind Vain
- pressure gradient force
- Convection Current
- a Drives air from areas of higher barometric pressure to areas of lower barometric pressure, causing winds.
- b a boundary between two air masses of different density, moisture, or temperature
- c the movement of a fluid, caused by differences in temperature, that transfers heat from one part of the fluid to another
- d an instrument used to determine the direction that the wind is blowing
- e an instrument that measures wind speed
5 Multiple choice questions
- an area in which the barometric pressure is lower than that of the surrounding air
- Area of low pressure where wind will move towards, associated with cloudy and rainy weather and air that is rising
- The way Earth's rotation makes winds in the Northern Hemisphere curve to the right and winds in the Southern Hemisphere curve to the left.
- the weight of the air above an object
- narrow belt of strong winds that blows near the top of the troposphere across the US
5 True/False questions
Occluded Front → forms when cold air moves under warm air which is less dense and pushes air up
isobar → a boundary between two air masses of different density, moisture, or temperature
High → an area in which the barometric pressure is lower than that of the surrounding air
Air Mass → the weight of the air above an object
Mercury Barometer → an instrument that measure air pressure, An instrument that measures changes in air pressure without using a liquid. Changes in the shape of an airtight metal box cause a needle on the barometer dial to move.