5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Convection Current
- Jet Stream
- air pressure
- a narrow belt of strong winds that blows near the top of the troposphere across the US
- b a line on a weather map that joins points having the same barometric pressure
- c the movement of a fluid, caused by differences in temperature, that transfers heat from one part of the fluid to another
- d the weight of the air above an object
- e Area of low pressure where wind will move towards, associated with cloudy and rainy weather and air that is rising
5 Multiple choice questions
- an instrument that measures wind speed
- Drives air from areas of higher barometric pressure to areas of lower barometric pressure, causing winds.
- an area in which the barometric pressure is lower than that of the surrounding air
- moving weather front along which a warm air mass slides over a cold air mass, producing stratiform clouds and precipitation
- an area in which the barometric pressure is greater than that of the surrounding air
5 True/False questions
aneroid barometer → An instrument that measures changes in air pressure, consisting of a glass tube partially filled with mercury, with its open end resting in a dish of mercury. Air pressure pushing on the mercury in the dish forces the mercury in the tube to be higher.
High → Area of low pressure where wind will move towards, associated with cloudy and rainy weather and air that is rising
Occluded Front → a front where a warm air mass is caught between two colder air masses and brings cool temperatures and large amounts of rain and snow
Coriolis Effect → The way Earth's rotation makes winds in the Northern Hemisphere curve to the right and winds in the Southern Hemisphere curve to the left.
Mercury Barometer → an instrument that measure air pressure, An instrument that measures changes in air pressure without using a liquid. Changes in the shape of an airtight metal box cause a needle on the barometer dial to move.