5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- warm front
- pressure gradient force
- a Area of low pressure where wind will move towards, associated with cloudy and rainy weather and air that is rising
- b moving weather front along which a warm air mass slides over a cold air mass, producing stratiform clouds and precipitation
- c a line on a weather map that joins points having the same barometric pressure
- d Drives air from areas of higher barometric pressure to areas of lower barometric pressure, causing winds.
- e an instrument that measures wind speed
5 Multiple choice questions
- the resistance encountered when one body is moved in contact with another. Slows down the speed of wind when it flows over land
- an instrument used to determine the direction that the wind is blowing
- Area of high pressure where wind will move away from, associated with dry and nice weather and air that is sinking
- an instrument that measure air pressure, An instrument that measures changes in air pressure without using a liquid. Changes in the shape of an airtight metal box cause a needle on the barometer dial to move.
- an area in which the barometric pressure is lower than that of the surrounding air
5 True/False questions
Convection Current → The way Earth's rotation makes winds in the Northern Hemisphere curve to the right and winds in the Southern Hemisphere curve to the left.
Occluded Front → a front where a warm air mass is caught between two colder air masses and brings cool temperatures and large amounts of rain and snow
Air Mass → the weight of the air above an object
Jet Stream → narrow belt of strong winds that blows near the top of the troposphere across the US
Front → Area of low pressure where wind will move towards, associated with cloudy and rainy weather and air that is rising