5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Cell membranes are selectively permeable due to their structure.
- b Errors in normal signal transduction may alter cellular response.
- c Signal transduction pathways link signal reception with cellular response.
- d Viruses reproduce and can introduce genetic variation into their hosts.
- e Interactions between external stimuli and gene expression result in specialization of cells, tissues, and organs.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Interactions of subcellular structures, including a repertory of eukaryotic organelles possessing specialized functions, provide essential cellular functions and activities.
- Eukaryotic cells maintain internal membranes that partition the cell into specialized regions.
- Global distribution of ecosystems changes substantially over time.
- Environmental factors influence the expression of the genotype in an organism.
- Biological systems possess multiple mechanisms that increase genetic variation.
5 True/False questions
2.E.2. → Growth and dynamic homeostasis is maintained by the constant movement of molecules across membranes.
3.B.1 → Cells can be activated, produce new products, and retain their activated state through gene regulation
2.D.3. → Organisms constantly respond to changes in their external environments.
2.A.3. → Organisms must exchange matter with the environment to grow, reproduce, and maintain organization.
3.A.3 → Mendelian genetics provides a basic understanding of the underlying causes of the pattern traits from parent to offspring.