5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fetal Development of Brain (3)
- Parietal Lobe
- Temporal Lobe
- a *Associated w/ = SENSATION OF TOUCH, KINESTHESIA, *PERCEPTION OF VIBRATION AND T⁰
*Meaning to OBJECTS**
*Interprets language /words
**Receives info from other areas of brain regarding = HEARING, VISION, MOTOR, SENSORY, MEMORY.**
- b *Major division of the brain,
*Large area of the cerebrum.
*Each lobe is named for the bone of the cranium that is above it:*
- c *The cerebral hemispheres; one of the two divisions of the forebrain (the other is the diencephalon).,
*A subdivision of the brain that, along with the diencephalon, makes up the prosencephalon (forebrain); cerebral hemispheres
- d Forebrain = divides → Anterior / Posterior portions:
*Midbrain = Mesencephalon stays the same
*Hindbrain = partially divides into two parts:
- e *R Side = VISUAL MEMEORY/ A in RECOGNITION of OBJECTS & FACES
*L Side = VERBAL / GENERAL MEMORY, A in understanding LANGUAGE.
*REAR = Ability to Interpret EMOTIONS / REACTIONS of others.
*Wernicke's Area (L Hemisphere); ability to UNDERSTAND & PRODUCE meaningful SPEECH
*1⁰ AUDITORY CORTEX
*1⁰ AUDITORY PROCESSING / OLFACTION
5 Multiple choice questions
- *Sympathetic-Fight or Flight-Norepinephrine neurotransmitters
- *LOCATION = BORDER OF BRAINSTEM / CEREBRAL HEMISPHERES
*Involved in emotional behavior,
doughnut-shaped system of neural structures
*Associated with EMOTIONS - FEAR and AGGRESSION drives such as those for FOOD / SEX.
*Includes the HIPPOCAMPUS / AMYGDALA / HYPOTHALMUS
- *LEARNING Deficits
*Wernicke's Aphasia (Receptive deficits)
*Antisocial / Aggressive behavior
*Difficulty w/ FACIAL EXPRESSION
*↓ MEMORY / MEMORY LOSS
*∅ CATEGORIZE OBJECTS
- *Channels that allow CSF produced in the lateral ventricles to reach the 3RD VENTRICLE and then the rest of the brain's ventricular system.
- *prosencephalon (Forebrain)
5 True/False questions
Vermis → *CNS - 3 Parts = FOREBRAIN, MIDBRAIN, HINDBRAIN
Characteristics of Autonomic Nervous System → *Encased in fiberous sheeth (relatively unprotected)
*MOTOR Spinal Nerves (ANTERIOR ROOT) carry motor info AWAY from the CNS (EFFERENT FIBERS)
*SENSORY Spinal Nerves (POSTERIOR ROOT) carry sensation TO CNS (AFFERENT FIBERS)
*Ganglia-clusters of cells-give rise to PNS. and CNS nerve fibers.
Left Hemisphere of brain → *Non-Verbal communication /
*Body image awareness,
Calcarine Sulcus → *Location = POST. TO BRAIN, BELOW OCCIPITAL LOBE
*Function = controls COORDINATION of MVMT & BALANCE, POSTURE/BALANCE - MM TONE AND POSITIONING OF EXTREMITIES IN SPACE.
*Responsible for "FINE TUNING MVMTS"
*Controlls = ability to perform RAPID ALTERNATING MVMTS
*Damage = IPSIOLATERAL IMPAIRMANTS
Hypothalamus → *LOCATION = TOP OF BRAINSTEM
*RELAY/ PROCESSING STATION
*Coordingates SENSORY PERCEPTION / MVMT.
*THALMIC PAIN SYNDROME