5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Trojan War
- Helen of Troy
- a The prophetess who accompanies Aeneas into the underworld in the Aenead.
- b son of Laertes, husband of Penelope. father of Telemachus. He survives the Trojan war and shipwreck and finally returns home after a total of 20 years.
- c Spartan wife of Menelaus, her abduction by Paris was the cause of the Trojan War
- d The ten-year war began when Paris, son of Priam King of Troy, carried off Helen, wife of Menelaus. Priam was husband of Hecuba and father of Hector.
- e talented weaver challenged by Athena to a contest. After the contest, Arachne hanged herself and, in remorse, Athena changed her into a spider
5 Multiple choice questions
- Vulcan, Olympian, son of Hera, husband of Aphrodite, blacksmith who manufactures armor and other items for the gods
- Greek, wrote the Illiad and The Odyssey
- A Greek phrase that describes the archetypal sacred marriage between the Sky god and the Earth goddess that creates the universe.
- Beloved of Selene, in some stories he was a shepherd from Asia Minor. Both moon goddesses, Artemis and Selene share versions of the story. In some variants, he and Selene have 50 daughters together. Zeus' granted him eternal sleep and eternal youth.
- father of the Olympians, husband of Rhea, overthrown by his son Zeus
5 True/False questions
Penelope → wife of Odysseus. Weaves a shroud for Laertes during the day and then unweaves it at night to put off her suiters.
Briseis → Achilles 'prize' who Agamemnon takes from him at the beginning at the Iliad. The cause of his abscence from battle.
Agamemnon → King of Mycaenae, leader of the Greek armies of against Troy, killed by his wife Clytemnestra
Andromeda → daughter of Cepheus and Cassiopea, wife of Perseus
Erinyes, Furies → Avenging spirits born from the drops of blood from Uranus'severed genitals that fell on the Earth