5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Erinyes, Furies
- Cronus, Kronos
- a Beloved of Eos, Dawn. He was a member of the Trojan royal house. She requested that Zeus make him immortal but neglected to ask that he be eternally youthful. He eventually aged, withered, and finally turned into a grasshopper.
- b Greek & Roman goddess of retribution, who punished the sin of hubris, or pride (presumption against the gods)
- c son of Odysseus
- d Avenging spirits born from the drops of blood from Uranus'severed genitals that fell on the Earth
- e father of the Olympians, husband of Rhea, overthrown by his son Zeus
5 Multiple choice questions
- According to Orphism, Phanes is the firstborn of the gods, the "creator of everything" who hatches from the egg made (laid?) by Chronus (time).
- God of the winds
- The ten-year war began when Paris, son of Priam King of Troy, carried off Helen, wife of Menelaus. Priam was husband of Hecuba and father of Hector.
- Olympian, wife of Zeus, goddess of marriage, jealous of Zeus many liaisons, mother of Hebe (youthful bloom), Ilithyia (childbirth), Ares, Hephaestus,
- King of Mycaenae, leader of the Greek armies of against Troy, killed by his wife Clytemnestra
5 True/False questions
Sibyl → The prophetess who accompanies Aeneas into the underworld in the Aenead.
Castor and Pollux → sons of Zeus and Leda, sailed with Jason in his quest for the Golden Fleece. They were worshiped as gods, and became the constellations Gemini.
Adonis → a hunter beloved by Aphrodite, he was killed by a boar. Aphrodite caused the anemone to grow from his blood
Athene → daughter of the titan Hyperion, goddess of the Moon, most of her attributes and myths were taken over by Artemis
Uranus → Sky god, husband of Gaia, father of the titans, overthrown by his son Cronus