5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Heiros gamos
- a Vulcan, Olympian, son of Hera, husband of Aphrodite, blacksmith who manufactures armor and other items for the gods
- b A Greek phrase that describes the archetypal sacred marriage between the Sky god and the Earth goddess that creates the universe.
- c a Titan, best known as the father of Atlas, Menoetius, Epimetheus, and Prometheus
- d According to Orphism, Phanes is the firstborn of the gods, the "creator of everything" who hatches from the egg made (laid?) by Chronus (time).
- e son of Aphrodite and Anchises, founder of the Roman nation
5 Multiple choice questions
- wife of Odysseus. Weaves a shroud for Laertes during the day and then unweaves it at night to put off her suiters.
- Trojan War: Hector's widow, mother of Astyanax
- talented weaver challenged by Athena to a contest. After the contest, Arachne hanged herself and, in remorse, Athena changed her into a spider
- Beloved of Eos, Dawn. He was a member of the Trojan royal house. She requested that Zeus make him immortal but neglected to ask that he be eternally youthful. He eventually aged, withered, and finally turned into a grasshopper.
- Mars, son of Zeus and Hera, god of war, "hated by the gods" according to Zeus
5 True/False questions
Phaedera → Daughter of Minos, wife of Theseus, Aphrodite caused her to fall in love with her stepson Hippolytus.
Patroclus → Another name for Apollo, god of the sun, supervises the oracle at Delphi
Theseus → Achilles' mother, a nereiad married to Peleus a mortal King.
Zeus, Jupiter → Chief Olympian, rules the sky
Hades → According to Orphism, Phanes is the firstborn of the gods, the "creator of everything" who hatches from the egg made (laid?) by Chronus (time).