5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hestia, Vesta
- Hera, Juno
- a Greek & Roman goddess of retribution, who punished the sin of hubris, or pride (presumption against the gods)
- b the 9 daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne who inspire artists: Clio, Euterpe, Thalia, Melpomene, Terpsichore, Polyhymnia, Urania, Calliope, Erato
- c Olympian, goddess of the hearth
- d Trojan war: brother of Agamemnon, husband of Helen
- e Olympian, wife of Zeus, goddess of marriage, jealous of Zeus many liaisons, mother of Hebe (youthful bloom), Ilithyia (childbirth), Ares, Hephaestus,
5 Multiple choice questions
- Earth, Mother of the titans
- Roman, wrote Metamorphosis
- son of Laertes, husband of Penelope. father of Telemachus. He survives the Trojan war and shipwreck and finally returns home after a total of 20 years.
- Daughter of Zeus and Metis, born from his head after he swallowed her mother
- King of Mycaenae, leader of the Greek armies of against Troy, killed by his wife Clytemnestra
5 True/False questions
Uranus → According to Orphism, Phanes is the firstborn of the gods, the "creator of everything" who hatches from the egg made (laid?) by Chronus (time).
Deucalion and Pyrrha → Son of Prometheus and his wife, who repopulate the world by throwing stones (bones of their mother) over their shoulders as instructed by Themis. The stones he throws become men and the stones she throws become women.
Hyperion, Helios → Titan, personification of the Sun, most of his attributes and myths were taken over by Apollo. Three children: Phaeton, Selene & Eos (Aurora, Dawn)
Asclepious → Apollo's son Asclepius violated divine law by raising a mortal, Hippolytus, from the dead, so Zeus killed him with Cyclops's thunderbolts.
Pandora → "all gifts" woman created by Zeus as a punishment to mankind because of Prometheus' treachery in stealing fire for man. Hesiod says she has the face of a goddess and mind of a bitch.