5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Roman, wrote Metamorphosis
- b son of Aphrodite and Anchises, founder of the Roman nation
- c Apollo's son Asclepius violated divine law by raising a mortal, Hippolytus, from the dead, so Zeus killed him with Cyclops's thunderbolts.
- d Gigantic wrestler, son of Gaea (earth) and Poseidon (sea), he became stronger whenever he touched the earth. Hercules lifted him from the ground and killed him.
- e Pluto, Olympian, rules the underworld, god of wealth, mining, minerals
5 Multiple choice questions
- friend of Achilles who dies in the Iliad.
- Vulcan, Olympian, son of Hera, husband of Aphrodite, blacksmith who manufactures armor and other items for the gods
- Phoenician princess abducted and carried to Crete by Zeus, who disguised himself in the form of a white bull.
- A giant with 100 eyes who watches over Io for Hera, also the name of Odysseus' dog
- Greek, wrote the Illiad and The Odyssey
5 True/False questions
Cerberus → slayer of the Minotaur that Minos had kept in the labyrinth. The Minotaur was the offspring of Pasiphae and a bull.
Castor and Pollux → Titan, personification of the Sun, most of his attributes and myths were taken over by Apollo. Three children: Phaeton, Selene & Eos (Aurora, Dawn)
Hestia, Vesta → Olympian, goddess of the hearth
Sophocles's Antigone → Olympian, rules the oceans, god of horses, earthquakes
Erinyes, Furies → Avenging spirits born from the drops of blood from Uranus'severed genitals that fell on the Earth