5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Oracle of Delphi
- a Temple where the Pythia speaks for Apollo, Sayings: "Know Thyself" and "Nothing in Excess"
- b wife of Odysseus. Weaves a shroud for Laertes during the day and then unweaves it at night to put off her suiters.
- c the 3 headed dog who guards the gate of Hades, one of the 12 labors of Hercules was to abduct Cerberus
- d Greek, wrote the Illiad and The Odyssey
- e the greatest warrior of the Trojans, defeated by Achilles
5 Multiple choice questions
- According to Orphism, Phanes is the firstborn of the gods, the "creator of everything" who hatches from the egg made (laid?) by Chronus (time).
- Spartan wife of Menelaus, her abduction by Paris was the cause of the Trojan War
- Phoenician princess abducted and carried to Crete by Zeus, who disguised himself in the form of a white bull.
- "all gifts" woman created by Zeus as a punishment to mankind because of Prometheus' treachery in stealing fire for man. Hesiod says she has the face of a goddess and mind of a bitch.
- A giant with 100 eyes who watches over Io for Hera, also the name of Odysseus' dog
5 True/False questions
Erinyes, Furies → father of the Olympians, husband of Rhea, overthrown by his son Zeus
Tithonus → Beloved of Eos, Dawn. He was a member of the Trojan royal house. She requested that Zeus make him immortal but neglected to ask that he be eternally youthful. He eventually aged, withered, and finally turned into a grasshopper.
Dido → Queen of Carthage who took refuge in a cave with Aeneas, where they had a liason. When he left her, Dido killed herself
Thetis → slayer of the Minotaur that Minos had kept in the labyrinth. The Minotaur was the offspring of Pasiphae and a bull.
Poseidon, Neptune → Olympian, rules the oceans, god of horses, earthquakes