5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a son of Odysseus
- b Trojan war: brother of Agamemnon, husband of Helen
- c friend of Achilles who dies in the Iliad.
- d Roman, wrote Metamorphosis
- e daughter of Cepheus and Cassiopea, wife of Perseus
5 Multiple choice questions
- Son of Prometheus and his wife, who repopulate the world by throwing stones (bones of their mother) over their shoulders as instructed by Themis. The stones he throws become men and the stones she throws become women.
- Avenging spirits born from the drops of blood from Uranus'severed genitals that fell on the Earth
- After trials imposed by the Venus, she was wed to Venus' son Cupid and translated to heaven as an immortal.
- the greatest warrior of the Trojans, defeated by Achilles
- "all gifts" woman created by Zeus as a punishment to mankind because of Prometheus' treachery in stealing fire for man. Hesiod says she has the face of a goddess and mind of a bitch.
5 True/False questions
Muses → the 9 daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne who inspire artists: Clio, Euterpe, Thalia, Melpomene, Terpsichore, Polyhymnia, Urania, Calliope, Erato
Phaedera → A fire breathing, hybrid creature with the head of a lion, body of a goat, tail of a serpent who was killed by Bellerophon.
Helen of Troy → Spartan wife of Menelaus, her abduction by Paris was the cause of the Trojan War
Agamemnon → talented weaver challenged by Athena to a contest. After the contest, Arachne hanged herself and, in remorse, Athena changed her into a spider
Athene → daughter of the titan Hyperion, goddess of the Moon, most of her attributes and myths were taken over by Artemis