5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Trojan War
- a son of Odysseus
- b Gigantic wrestler, son of Gaea (earth) and Poseidon (sea), he became stronger whenever he touched the earth. Hercules lifted him from the ground and killed him.
- c Titan, personification of the stream of ocean that circles the disc of earth
- d the 9 daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne who inspire artists: Clio, Euterpe, Thalia, Melpomene, Terpsichore, Polyhymnia, Urania, Calliope, Erato
- e The ten-year war began when Paris, son of Priam King of Troy, carried off Helen, wife of Menelaus. Priam was husband of Hecuba and father of Hector.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Greek, wrote "Theogony" and "Works and Days"
- son of Aphrodite and Anchises, founder of the Roman nation
- Beloved of Eos, Dawn. He was a member of the Trojan royal house. She requested that Zeus make him immortal but neglected to ask that he be eternally youthful. He eventually aged, withered, and finally turned into a grasshopper.
- Earth, Mother of the titans
- the greatest warrior of the Trojans, defeated by Achilles
5 True/False questions
Theseus → Achilles 'prize' who Agamemnon takes from him at the beginning at the Iliad. The cause of his abscence from battle.
Odysseus → son of Laertes, husband of Penelope. father of Telemachus. He survives the Trojan war and shipwreck and finally returns home after a total of 20 years.
Aphrodite → Venus, Olympian, born from sea foam caused by the fall of Uranus' severed genitals, goddess of passion and beauty
Endymion → King of Mycaenae, leader of the Greek armies of against Troy, killed by his wife Clytemnestra
Hades → According to Orphism, Phanes is the firstborn of the gods, the "creator of everything" who hatches from the egg made (laid?) by Chronus (time).