5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gaia Ge
- Virgil's Aeneid
- a the 9 daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne who inspire artists: Clio, Euterpe, Thalia, Melpomene, Terpsichore, Polyhymnia, Urania, Calliope, Erato
- b Earth, Mother of the titans
- c a hunter beloved by Aphrodite, he was killed by a boar. Aphrodite caused the anemone to grow from his blood
- d Aeneas recounts his adventures in a feast at Carthage. He tells of the fall of his native Troy and of how he fled from the city, and eventually established Rome.
- e Daughter of Minos, wife of Theseus, Aphrodite caused her to fall in love with her stepson Hippolytus.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Olympian, wife of Zeus, goddess of marriage, jealous of Zeus many liaisons, mother of Hebe (youthful bloom), Ilithyia (childbirth), Ares, Hephaestus,
- The 12 children of Uranus and Gaia(Ge): Oceanus, Coeus, Crius, Hyperion, Iapetus, Themis, Mnemosyne, Phoebe, Tethys, and Cronus
- Daughter of Oedipus, she was put to death by Creon for burying her brother against Creon's wishes.
- Titan, personification of the Sun, most of his attributes and myths were taken over by Apollo. Three children: Phaeton, Selene & Eos (Aurora, Dawn)
- Achilles 'prize' who Agamemnon takes from him at the beginning at the Iliad. The cause of his abscence from battle.
5 True/False questions
Hector → Greek, wrote "Theogony" and "Works and Days"
Sibyl → Queen of Carthage who took refuge in a cave with Aeneas, where they had a liason. When he left her, Dido killed herself
Phoebus → Another name for Apollo, god of the sun, supervises the oracle at Delphi
Cerberus → God of the winds
Dido → Raped by Jupiter (Zeus), who had assumed the form of a swan. She laid two eggs. One hatched Castor and Clytemnestra, and the other Pollux and Helen.