5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hyperion, Helios
- a Greek, wrote "Theogony" and "Works and Days"
- b Roman, wrote Metamorphosis
- c Titan, personification of the Sun, most of his attributes and myths were taken over by Apollo. Three children: Phaeton, Selene & Eos (Aurora, Dawn)
- d A giant with 100 eyes who watches over Io for Hera, also the name of Odysseus' dog
- e son of Laertes, husband of Penelope. father of Telemachus. He survives the Trojan war and shipwreck and finally returns home after a total of 20 years.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Olympian, goddess of the hearth
- daughter of Cepheus and Cassiopea, wife of Perseus
- Aeneas recounts his adventures in a feast at Carthage. He tells of the fall of his native Troy and of how he fled from the city, and eventually established Rome.
- Temple where the Pythia speaks for Apollo, Sayings: "Know Thyself" and "Nothing in Excess"
- son of Odysseus
5 True/False questions
Iapetus → A giant with 100 eyes who watches over Io for Hera, also the name of Odysseus' dog
Cronus, Kronos → father of the Olympians, husband of Rhea, overthrown by his son Zeus
Sibyl → The prophetess who accompanies Aeneas into the underworld in the Aenead.
Pandora → Daughter of Minos, wife of Theseus, Aphrodite caused her to fall in love with her stepson Hippolytus.
Nemesis → son of Aphrodite and Anchises, founder of the Roman nation