5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a son of Laertes, husband of Penelope. father of Telemachus. He survives the Trojan war and shipwreck and finally returns home after a total of 20 years.
- b talented weaver challenged by Athena to a contest. After the contest, Arachne hanged herself and, in remorse, Athena changed her into a spider
- c God of the winds
- d the 3 headed dog who guards the gate of Hades, one of the 12 labors of Hercules was to abduct Cerberus
- e slayer of the Minotaur that Minos had kept in the labyrinth. The Minotaur was the offspring of Pasiphae and a bull.
5 Multiple choice questions
- wife of Odysseus. Weaves a shroud for Laertes during the day and then unweaves it at night to put off her suiters.
- Olympian, goddess of the hearth
- Spartan wife of Menelaus, her abduction by Paris was the cause of the Trojan War
- Achilles' mother, a nereiad married to Peleus a mortal King.
- the 9 daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne who inspire artists: Clio, Euterpe, Thalia, Melpomene, Terpsichore, Polyhymnia, Urania, Calliope, Erato
5 True/False questions
Gaia Ge → Daughter of Zeus and Metis, born from his head after he swallowed her mother
Briseis → Achilles 'prize' who Agamemnon takes from him at the beginning at the Iliad. The cause of his abscence from battle.
Argus → A giant with 100 eyes who watches over Io for Hera, also the name of Odysseus' dog
Homer → A fire breathing, hybrid creature with the head of a lion, body of a goat, tail of a serpent who was killed by Bellerophon.
Trojan War → The ten-year war began when Paris, son of Priam King of Troy, carried off Helen, wife of Menelaus. Priam was husband of Hecuba and father of Hector.