5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Poseidon, Neptune
- Gaia Ge
- Hestia, Vesta
- a slayer of the Minotaur that Minos had kept in the labyrinth. The Minotaur was the offspring of Pasiphae and a bull.
- b Olympian, rules the oceans, god of horses, earthquakes
- c "all gifts" woman created by Zeus as a punishment to mankind because of Prometheus' treachery in stealing fire for man. Hesiod says she has the face of a goddess and mind of a bitch.
- d Earth, Mother of the titans
- e Olympian, goddess of the hearth
5 Multiple choice questions
- According to Orphism, Phanes is the firstborn of the gods, the "creator of everything" who hatches from the egg made (laid?) by Chronus (time).
- Avenging spirits born from the drops of blood from Uranus'severed genitals that fell on the Earth
- King of Mycaenae, leader of the Greek armies of against Troy, killed by his wife Clytemnestra
- Pluto, Olympian, rules the underworld, god of wealth, mining, minerals
- daughter of Cepheus and Cassiopea, wife of Perseus
5 True/False questions
Odysseus → slayer of the Minotaur that Minos had kept in the labyrinth. The Minotaur was the offspring of Pasiphae and a bull.
Virgil's Aeneid → Daughter of Oedipus, she was put to death by Creon for burying her brother against Creon's wishes.
Telemachus → Trojan war: brother of Agamemnon, husband of Helen
Oracle of Delphi → Temple where the Pythia speaks for Apollo, Sayings: "Know Thyself" and "Nothing in Excess"
Uranus → Sky god, husband of Gaia, father of the titans, overthrown by his son Cronus