5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Poseidon, Neptune
- a son of Laertes, husband of Penelope. father of Telemachus. He survives the Trojan war and shipwreck and finally returns home after a total of 20 years.
- b According to Orphism, Phanes is the firstborn of the gods, the "creator of everything" who hatches from the egg made (laid?) by Chronus (time).
- c Titan, personification of the stream of ocean that circles the disc of earth
- d Olympian, rules the oceans, god of horses, earthquakes
- e Vulcan, Olympian, son of Hera, husband of Aphrodite, blacksmith who manufactures armor and other items for the gods
5 Multiple choice questions
- Pluto, Olympian, rules the underworld, god of wealth, mining, minerals
- Daughter of Zeus and Metis, born from his head after he swallowed her mother
- Daughter of Minos, wife of Theseus, Aphrodite caused her to fall in love with her stepson Hippolytus.
- Temple where the Pythia speaks for Apollo, Sayings: "Know Thyself" and "Nothing in Excess"
- Achilles' mother, a nereiad married to Peleus a mortal King.
5 True/False questions
Menelaus → Trojan war: brother of Agamemnon, husband of Helen
Titans → Achilles' mother, a nereiad married to Peleus a mortal King.
Selene → daughter of the titan Hyperion, goddess of the Moon, most of her attributes and myths were taken over by Artemis
Nemesis → son of Aphrodite and Anchises, founder of the Roman nation
Helen of Troy → Spartan wife of Menelaus, her abduction by Paris was the cause of the Trojan War