5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- genital herpes
- antacids, iron, and milk
- a antivirals are used in serious long-term viral infections, such as _________ ________, hepatitis, and cytomegalovirus
- b What 3 things can you NOT give fluoroquinolones with?
- c Drugs that do not kill bacteria, but instead slow their growth.
- d treatment of choice for Hep C, but no effect if given alone. Must be combined with Interferon alfa. SE of hemolytic anemia and significant birth defects.
- e Tetracyclines include "_______" in the generic name and "mycin" in the trade name
5 Multiple choice questions
- problems of this antifungal include chills, fever, pain and phlebitis at the infusion site, extreme nephrotoxicity, and hypokalemia.
- what is the drug of choice for intranasal application to help prevent the spread of MRSA and can also be used topically as an anti-infective with skin lesions such as impetigo.
- Lariam, Fansidar, and Halfan. etc. are primarily used as antimalarials if ___________ resistance
- What is a protozoal infection transmitted by anopheles mosquitos?
- macrolides are the drugs of choice for which diseases?
5 True/False questions
cross sensitivity → refers to drugs, specifically antibiotics, that are effective against a wide range of bacteria, not just one specific bacteria
contaminated food or water → How are amebiasis, giardiasis, and toxoplasmosis most commonly spread?
ceph or cef → oral inhalation med that may be used to treat RSV, but is recommended only in severe case?s
Quinine → Tetracyclines include "_______" in the generic name and "mycin" in the trade name
macrolides → What is a protozoal infection transmitted by anopheles mosquitos?