5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a What is a protozoal infection transmitted by anopheles mosquitos?
- b part of the body's immune response, produced in response to viral infections and other stimuli. Available as several medications all of which have ___________ in the generic name (they have a variety of trade names).
- c Tetracyclines include "_______" in the generic name and "mycin" in the trade name
- d inhibit protein synthesis and promotes production of abnormal proteins, resulting in bacterial death.
- e SE will vary with drug. most will cause GI distress. They include erythromycin, azithromycin, and clarithromycin.
5 Multiple choice questions
- draw blood 30 minutes after the completion of the dose. measures the highest level, therefore risk for toxicity
- metabolized by CYP3A4, so there are many drug-drug interactions, including increased levels of statin drugs. Arrhythmias are possible, especially with patients on anti-arrhythmic meds. It also exacerbates myasthenia gravis, which has led to it having a black box warning. It leads to blurry vision and difficulty focusing.
- aminoglycosides are not well absorbed orally, so they're given ____ or ____
- the most common SE of these AIDS medications are injection site reactions, pneumonia, and allergy
- antimalarial most commonly used for both acute treatment and prevention
5 True/False questions
Relenza → which influenza medication is administered via oral inhalation?
Virazole → oral inhalation med that may be used to treat RSV, but is recommended only in severe case?s
viral levels → oral inhalation med that may be used to treat RSV, but is recommended only in severe case?s
Quinine → SE of this antimalarial include cinchonism (tinnitus, visual problems), hypotension, and acute circulatory failure; thrombocytopenia, hypoglycemia, and fetal abnormalities
aminoglycosides → most ____________ are "mycins" but not all "mycins" are __(same thing)______