5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Virazole or Synagis
- African sleeping sickness
- a what is the drug of choice for intranasal application to help prevent the spread of MRSA and can also be used topically as an anti-infective with skin lesions such as impetigo.
- b Resperatory syncytial virus (RSV) infection treatment may include ___________ or __________.
- c which "mycin" is a ketolide?
- d transmitted by the bite of a tsetse fly
- e metabolized by CYP3A4, so there are many drug-drug interactions, including increased levels of statin drugs. Arrhythmias are possible, especially with patients on anti-arrhythmic meds. It also exacerbates myasthenia gravis, which has led to it having a black box warning. It leads to blurry vision and difficulty focusing.
5 Multiple choice questions
- draw blood 30 minutes after the completion of the dose. measures the highest level, therefore risk for toxicity
- antimalarial most commonly used for both acute treatment and prevention
- fluoroquinolones include the "__________"
- the most common SE of these AIDS medications are injection site reactions, pneumonia, and allergy
- For antivirals to be effective, they must interfere with ____ __________ and by the time the symptoms appear, it is usually completed except in long term infections.
5 True/False questions
fluoroquinolones → New class of drugs that inhibit bacterial growth by interrupting protein synthesis (bacteriostatic)
Relenza → which influenza medication is administered via oral inhalation?
protozoa infections, worm infestations or helminthiasis, scabies, and pediculosis or lice → What all do parasitic infections include?
primaquine → oral inhalation med that may be used to treat RSV, but is recommended only in severe case?s
telithromycin → fluoroquinolones include the "__________"