5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- African sleeping sickness
- a draw blood 30 minutes after the completion of the dose. measures the highest level, therefore risk for toxicity
- b antifungal commonly used in the treatment of superficial mycoses (skin and scalp)
- c what is the drug of choice for toxoplasmosis (it's combined with sulfonamide antibiotic)
- d spread by ingesting undercooked meat or other contaminated food, by feces from infected cats.
- e transmitted by the bite of a tsetse fly
5 Multiple choice questions
- What drugs are included in the Beta Lactam class of drugs?
- What are the SE of interferons?
- What are the meds for influenza A or B?
- what is the drug of choice for intranasal application to help prevent the spread of MRSA and can also be used topically as an anti-infective with skin lesions such as impetigo.
- What are the antivirals used for chronic hepatitis (Hep B/ Hep C)
5 True/False questions
"azole" → candidiasis consist of "_______" infections
resistance → when drug goes through metabolic change allowing it to survive and reproduce in presence of the drug
Fungizone → antifungal commonly used in the treatment of superficial mycoses (skin and scalp)
bacitracin → what is the drug of choice for pneumocystosis pneumonia?
Fungizone → original antimalarial drug; comes from the cinchona tree. It has a number of serious SE; therefore, not commonly used except in strains resistant to other drugs.